article thumbnail

NTEN's Website Redesign: Survey results from the community

NTEN

So we turned to the NTEN community, as we will continue to do at various stages of the redesign process, for your candid feedback about the NTEN website. We conducted a website survey with about 80 respondents, and conducted some one-on-one interviews with eleven members of the NTEN community. Here''s what you had to say.

NTEN 68
article thumbnail

WeAreMedia Live Workshop: Reflections

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This was workshop was based on the knowledge shared on the WeAreMedia wiki over the past year using Dave Cormier's Community as the Curriculum approach. Therefore, the learning goals be more aligned with the base of Bloom's Taxonomy - more about exposure, understanding, and knowledge. JD Lasica , and Laura Novig.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Life, Times, and Context of the NpTech Tag: An Informal Discussion/Reflection Online at CpSquared

If you've participated in using the tag and share some of your reflections of where it's been, where it is going, and other insights about community tagging projects, come join us. It's an opportunity for some reflection about what the story means. To translate into your time zone, use the World Time Clock.

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

Reflections from the World Economic Forum: Four Big Trends for Social Good Organizations to Watch

Connection Cafe

Part 2 in a 2-part Davos report for the Social Good Community ( See Part 1 here ). And the social good community – across the entire social economy – has powerful potential to ensure that these changes benefit the world. Here are four big trends for the social good sector over the next few years that I saw playing out at Davos: 1.

Trend 20
article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Cross Blog Discussion: What do those guidelines look like?

How are they different from taxonomies? Gavin's post does a great job explaining the definitions and the advantages of a taxonomy over a folksonomy. social network and community sites. Sort of an emergent taxonomy. Let's begin with big picture question that Gavin raised: What purpose do folksonomies serve?

article thumbnail

NpTech Conference Call Notes

I wanted to capture some reflections while it is still fresh in my mind and this is going to be unformed and in no particular order. Is that a formalized taxonomy or not? There is an interest in a community filtering concept. still thinking outloud.

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

From Community Arts To Community of Online Learners: Janet Salmons, Ph.D

I started in the Cornell University Center for Theatre Arts , where I founded and directed two programs: Cornell Theatre Outreach and the Community-Based Arts Project. They have to figure out how to communicate and organize their work online, to accomplish a case analysis together. As an online learner? Maybe we'd need fewer bombs?)

Arts 50