article thumbnail

#NTCwinning: Reflecting on What Went Well at the 2012 NTC

NTEN

While we were busy catching up on sleep, we also spent a lot of time reflecting on the experience. NTCwinning 1: The Community Photo by Trav Williams You. The community showed up for the 2012 NTC. As controversial as it was, it really gave a lot of fuel to some thinking we need to be doing as a community.

NTC 69
article thumbnail

13NTC: A Message of Thanks from the NTEN Board

NTEN

I think the 2013 NTC proved we need a creed of equal match for this community. Neither snow nor ice, flight delays or road closures can prevent this community of innovators, change makers, and passionate technologists from coming together to meet new colleagues, share ideas, and spark change. It was a celebration!

NTEN 60
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on May 24th

Amy Sample Ward

We’d like to share a few of our major aims and reflect a bit on some lessons learned that we hope will guide our approach in the future and prove helpful to others designing competitions, challenges, and prize giveaways online – in particular those focused on social benefit and public service. ."

Web 123
article thumbnail

Dangerous/Ridiculous: Reflections on AAM

Museum 2.0

Last week, I was in Minneapolis for the American Association of Museums annual meeting. And I talked about some of the challenges of finding the right income and expense models for a museum that operates more like a community center than a traditional cultural institution. Participatory art and co-creation on the rise.

article thumbnail

Launching the First Wave of the OF/BY/FOR ALL Change Network

Museum 2.0

Our goal is to help civic and cultural institutions become more representative OF, co-created BY, and welcoming FOR their diverse communities. We've see this model succeed at the MAH and at other community-centered organizations around the world. We see OF/BY/FOR ALL as an adaptable playbook for community change.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: The Convivial Museum Photo Essay

Museum 2.0

Museums should make people feel welcomed and comfortable, be gracious and generous, design for a diversity of interests and needs, create situations that increase the likelihood of having a good conversation, and allow the time and space to let people reflect and imagine. Nothing new here!" readers might say.

Museum 50
article thumbnail

Digital Museums Reconsidered: Exploring the Walker Art Center Website Redesign

Museum 2.0

I understand the value of having a web presence that is reflective of institutional brand, makes content available for people to use in a variety of ways, and enables new connections with community members. Maybe some museum websites would look like online schools, or community bulletin boards, or shopping sites.

Museum 51