article thumbnail

Online Community Unconference June 10 in Mountain View, California

Tech Soup

Next week, I'll be attending The Online Community Unconference (OCU) , along with my TechSoup community colleague, Susan Tenby. Those involved in online community development for-profits and nonprofits alike share many common challenges: community management, tools, marketing, business models, legal issues, and more.

article thumbnail

Welcome Julia Smith, NTEN's Community Development Manager!

NTEN

I''m so excited to officially welcome Julia Smith as NTEN''s new Community Development Manager! Julia began working with NTEN on the Communities of Impact (CoI) project earlier this year, and now we''re thrilled to have her on the NTEN staff! Julia is no stranger to the nonprofit technology community.

NTEN 63
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on December 25th

Amy Sample Ward

Social Media: What I Learned This Year | Millennial Marketing – Carol Phillips has a great post recapping what she learned about social media in 2009, including: "Effective use of Social Media requires enthusiasm and diligence." Unconference is coming to Washington, D.C., Unconference is coming to Washington, D.C.,

article thumbnail

Start 2017 by Building Your Tech Skills and Community

Tech Soup

TechSoup's NetSquared community is hosting free monthly technology meetups in 74 cities globally, but with more than 39,000 members, it can be hard to get a sense of the community's needs. To be a part of a larger nonprofit community/networking. They come to us looking for practical tips and a supportive community.

Benin 37
article thumbnail

Why aren't we supporting leadership in a way that helps people grow?

Care2

Unconference we explored how to disrupt social change in the nonprofit sector. Often people who are part of the community that is being served are NOT called upon to identify problems and develop solutions. The community that''s being served are considered partners but not necessarily the major decision-makers.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits Need to Focus on Results

Care2

Unconference, and we promised to keep ''em coming. He''s pretty much a pro at that, and had some really great feedback for the nonprofit community. And in the meantime, you can check out the Storify recap of the Unconference. Conferences Nonprofit Online Marketing Trends'

Results 56
article thumbnail

NetSquared Local Events: Week of June 17, 2013

Tech Soup

NetSquared Local believes that the best way to build a strong, self sufficient community of #nptech practitioners is for us to go outside and get face-to-face. Using NetSquared Camp as an example, he introduces readers to the participant-driven unconference model. Boston, MA: The Power of E-mail Marketing for Non-Profits.