article thumbnail

Designing Programs to Build Community: Case Study with Charity Technology Trust

Amy Sample Ward

This afternoon I had the pleasure and honor of spending a few hours with members of the Charity Technology Trust/Charity Technology Exchange team, part of the TechSoup Global network , exploring their options for creating programs or services to build and foster community throughout their network. Who is the community?

article thumbnail

Guest Post: My tips to Have Fun * Do Good

Amy Sample Ward

My friend and engaging community leader for all those looking to have fun while improving the world, Britt Bravo, is doing a little experiment and asking a handful of bloggers to write short guest posts about how they have fun and do good. Tags: otherblogs socialchange fun guest post howto. 2 Make it shareable.

Fun 105
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on June 11th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. I think it's great to revisit a list like this even if you are already working with your community online to be sure you haven't forgotten about some of the key foundations that will help you succeed.

Web 105
article thumbnail

How To: Create a Listening Dashboard for your Organization

Amy Sample Ward

. “Amy Sample Ward&# or “Billy Bicket&# - putting this in the search term area of the alert means that any time Billy’s name (the NetSquared Director) or my own (the NetSquared Global Community Development Manager) is mentioned online, I will get alerted. Tags: resources rss webtools howto listening net2thinktank.

Create 234
article thumbnail

Guest Post on Frogloop: 5 Tips for Running a Competition

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared supports the community at the intersection of technology and social impact in a few ways, including open innovation competitions. I serve as the Community Development Manager for TechSoup Global’s CDI (Community-Driven Innovation) program, which includes managing community and content strategy for NetSquared.org.

Tips 114
article thumbnail

Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day

Amy Sample Ward

Community Map Template: [link]. DIY Community Engagement Metrics. Crowdsourcing vs Community Sourcing. Sustainable Community Building. Community Building: Landscaping for Gardening. Here are the slides from the session and links to get you started: Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day. Content Map Template: [link].

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 24th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. How to Prepare Your Community for a Major Change « The Community Manager – "Change: it’s the one constant in life. Just make a short video of two minutes or less showing us the good work you do in your community.

Web 137