article thumbnail

Social Media Club Workshop in Hawaii - Live Blogging Notes

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

There are amazing people in this room - a combination of social media rock stars who are based in Hawaii - Roxanne Darling, Todd Cochrane , Lorelle from Wordpress, Neenz from All Top, Colin Devore from Viddler. Check out the 15 Second Viddler Aloha Video !) Leveraging Communities Has set up a Ning. 

Hawaii 50
article thumbnail

Tell Your Community's Story with NetSquared

Tech Soup

Submit your digital video, five photographs, or a super-short story now, because we have $13,000 in prizes available! If you’re holding monthly events that are gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I’ll include you in the next community calendar! Looking for inspiration? North America.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

8 Top Corporate Giving Trends to Watch in 2024 + Examples

Nonprofits Source

Corporate giving isn’t just about writing checks; it’s a strategic partnership between businesses and nonprofits to transform communities. Year-round CSR strategies enable companies to make an enduring difference in their communities and for the causes they support. This increased generosity is good news for nonprofits!

Trend 52
article thumbnail

Plenary Session: A Grantmakers’ Gathering on Networks

Video streaming by Ustream. Casey Foundation; and Chris van Bergerijk, Hawaii Community Foundation. She lead us through an exercise with the dot and the cross (the photo above) that literally showed us our blindspot, saying “Your blindspot might be someone else’s cherished insight.”

Network 94
article thumbnail

Aloha Social Media! My Schedule Over the Next Week.

I'll be taking about how to use ROI thinking to build a community for your blog. The session description: Followers, Friends, and Fans: Expanding Your Online Community If you aren't on facebook, twitter, friendfeed, technorati, and delicious, should you be?   Enjoy the video.   Enjoy the video.

article thumbnail

A NetSquared Happy Holidays

Tech Soup

Our events are powered by a global network of volunteers dedicated to building strong, self-sufficient, local communities of nonprofit technology practitioners. Check out the blog to get a taste of our grassroots community. NetSquared Vancouver shares slides and videos from its November event. Want to learn about PCI compliance?

article thumbnail

Fighting for Civic Transparency with Technology in the Western Balkans

Tech Soup

Community Boost_r , an initiative from Fundacja TechSoup. Through technology, data, and resource-sharing, Community Boost_r seeks to empower Balkan citizens to voice their opinions, demand solutions to everyday problems, and stay informed on accountability and transparency issues. How can people fight back? Through technology!

Serbia 52