Remove Children Remove Community Remove Movie Remove Museum
article thumbnail

37 Spring Fundraising Ideas for Small Nonprofits

Whole Whale

Purim is a Jewish holiday that brings a community together — and gives everyone an excuse to dress up on a day that isn’t Halloween. It’s also a time for gifts and new clothes, making this a great chance to raise funds or donations of new clothing, especially for children. Drive-in or outdoor Movie Night.

Ideas 98
article thumbnail

Games Games Games

Museum 2.0

Museums have used games to engage visitors for decades. SR: I came to games before I came to museums. My grandmother cheated at Candyland and uno. :) Games, I think, have a nice Venn diagram of overlap between museum lovers. I love thinking we're getting new museum lovers through games. How did you get into museum games?

Game 55
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

49 Online Fundraising Ideas to Help You Raise More

Qgiv

In the aftermath of a disaster, whether it be a devastating hurricane that has left your community flooded or a wildfire that has forced your community to leave their homes behind, you’ll need to mobilize quickly to provide support. Not ready to step back into a movie theater yet? Virtual tours for museums. Viewing party.

Raise 98
article thumbnail

13 #npEXPERTS Share their Most Valuable Donor Acquisition & Fundraising Ideas

Connection Cafe

By Madeline Turner : A lover of words, fellow middle children, bold ideas, and Thai food. By Scott Gilman : Louisville Cardinals, horse racing, nonprofits, music, movies, various rants. Think Speed-Dating, Not Dinner and A Movie. Tweets about #marketing, #nonprofit and #nptech,#arts and #museum best practices.

Ideas 55
article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Volunteer Recruitment: 15+ Strategies

Qgiv

They take care of your facility, give tours of your museum, welcome attendees to your annual gala, and pass out medals at fundraising races. Volunteers help nonprofits connect with the community. There are likely a number of interested parties in your community that want to make the world a better place.

article thumbnail

Could You Split Your Membership?

Museum 2.0

While value membership focuses on free admission and discounts, affinity membership focuses on building relationships and supporting a community of highly invested visitors. Families like the idea that museum memberships offer a low-cost alternative to recreational activities like the movies, which cost money every time you go.

Museum 30
article thumbnail

Don't Talk to Strangers? Safety 2.0

Museum 2.0

into the museum is the potential to encourage more positive in-museum interactions among strangers. I want in-person museum experiences to be more like experiences on social sites like Flickr, where strangers connect and form relationships around content. A lot of what interests me about bringing 2.0

Museum 20