Remove Celebrate Remove Community Remove Empowerment Remove Voice
article thumbnail

Celebrate International Women’s Day 2021

Forum One

During Women’s History Month, we are excited to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, 2021. We can choose to seek out and celebrate women’s achievements. Amplifying the voices of female peacemakers. Telling stories through images of empowerment. Connecting women to change the face of political leadership.

article thumbnail

How Mentorship Can Break Down Racial Divides

Saleforce Nonprofit

As we celebrate Black History Month, Big Brothers Big Sisters will shine a spotlight on the contributions of African-Americans. One way to break down barriers and strengthen relationships along the racial divide is to have candid conversations and spend time learning to understand and celebrate our differences.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

International Women’s Day: Using Technology to Empower Women and Girls

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This day was intended to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women. The One Campaign has launched an open letter signed by 86 leading voices for women around the world. I’ve been committed to working on technology capacity building for organizations serving Women and Girls empowerment.

article thumbnail

Traveling Postcards: Interview with Founder, Caroline Lovell

Have Fun - Do Good

." ~ Caroline Lovell, Founder, Traveling Postcards Traveling Postcards facilitates the creation of handmade art postcards that are hand delivered all over the world to bringing awareness and voice to women and girls whose lives have suffered from isolation, violence, or repression. What is the path that brought you to this work?

article thumbnail

Meditations on Relevance, Part 3: Who Decides What's Relevant?

Museum 2.0

Whoever your community is, they decide. Can you define the community to whom you want to be relevant? The community decides what is relevant to them. Who interprets the interests of the community and decides on the relevant themes and activities for the year? Then, we define the needs and assets of that community.

Teen 20
article thumbnail

The Networked NGO in Pakistan

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The specific indicators of program success are below and were identified with input from participants: 100% of participants will develop an integrated and measurable social media strategy that furthers their communications work in population and reproductive health that aligned with institutional goals. Make It Fun, Celebrate.

Pakistan 111
article thumbnail

The Art of Relevance Sneak Peek: Part Ex-Con, Part Farmer, Part Queen

Museum 2.0

For the last time this summer, I'm sharing a chapter from my new book The Art of Relevance to celebrate its release. One of the nonprofits that inspires me locally here in Santa Cruz is a youth empowerment and food justice organization called "Food, What!?" It is the internal voice suggesting what they might and might not want to do.

Teen 25