article thumbnail

3 Donation Categories: How to Organize Nonprofit Gifts

Achieve

Diversified revenue streams are necessary for financial fortitude, but categorizing them properly in your nonprofit’s books is equally crucial for effective financial management. This can help your nonprofit quickly understand the composition of its revenue streams. Why categorize donations?

Gift 52
article thumbnail

How The Nature Conservancy’s Work in the Cumberland Forest Supports Jobs & Climate Mitigation

Saleforce Nonprofit

From forests and oceans to farmland and freshwater, our scientists focus on the ways in which nature helps provide for people, communities, and the world at large. And it is here where our work as a nonprofit organization can influence the way communities and industries around the world think about and work with nature.

Job 116
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

From Lost To Loved: Turning Lapsed Donors Into Devoted Donors

Bloomerang

Should I keep deeply lapsed donors in my communication stream? You need to age-stratify your list and keep older lapsed donors in your communication stream. To secure another outright gift from them, you have to treat them, more or less, as brand-new prospects. You have a 2.2% chance of getting a deeply lapsed donor back.

Donor 83
article thumbnail

Five Fundraising Ideas for Nonprofits That Don’t Work (or Why You Aren’t Raising Enough Money)

Get Fully Funded

If something should happen and you no longer have the financial ability to back your nonprofit, you run the risk of losing it due to lack of community support. It’s called “ diversified revenue streams. ”. We’ve had a couple clients over the years who both received a large grant from the State of Tennessee.

Money 126
article thumbnail

12 Times When You Should NOT Look for Grants

Get Fully Funded

But, growing a nonprofit so you can fulfill your mission means having a fundraising plan with diverse revenue streams. They kept going after various grants from the State of Tennessee just because they could. Foundations want to fund operations and things you are putting into place to help your community.

Grant 105
article thumbnail

Covid-19 and Museum

Museum 2.0

These created communities allows many of us to process this moment with each other. Previously I had become interested in public history in Baltimore, a graduate student in North Carolina, and a professional in Savannah but my conversations expanded to NY, New Jersey, South Carolina, California and Tennessee. I set up digital lunches.

Museum 29
article thumbnail

Your Official #NN18 Local's Guide to New Orleans

Everyaction

Visit this long-time New Orleans favorite and join the ranks of notable past patrons such as Ernest Hemingway, Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams. Located just across from Jackson Square and open 24/7, this unpretentious cafe turns out an endless supply of coffee and powdered sugar-covered pastries to a steady stream of hungry travelers.

Local 47