article thumbnail

10 Steps to Extension Professional 2.0 Remix

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Next week I'm doing a Webinar for Extension Professionals , a remix of 10 Steps to Association 2.0 which was a remix of Marnie Webb 's Ten Ways Nonprofits Can Change the World. My initial remix thought (wrong) was to look for examples that were related to agriculture, but the extension is so much more. I'm nervous. It's messy.

Remix 50
article thumbnail

WeAreMedia: Listening for Nonprofits in a Connected World

For the past five years, I’ve been teaching social media workshops for nonprofits and lately doing deeper dives on the techniques of listening both for nonprofits and in my role as Visiting Scholar in Residence at the Packard Foundation. The above presentation is a remix of a remix of a remix.

Remix 93
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

WeAreMedia: Help Us Crowdsource A Hollywood Ending

It is time for the community to write the Hollywood ending ! Then the project first launched, we invited the community to help us build the curriculum on a wiki. I think one of my favorite community curriculum building efforts was the toolbox - a community curated selection of how-tos, tips, and information about social media tools.

Remix 93
article thumbnail

The Social Life of PowerPoint Presentations (or why I really love SlideShare)

On Tuesday, I facilitated an introductory workshop on how nonprofits can use social media in Boston at the nonprofit technology conference and yet another remix of the curriculum wiki , presentation , and game designed by David Wilcox. She is the third person to mention a remix. It gave my seven year old a good laugh!).

article thumbnail

How Mature Is Your Nonprofit’s Social Media Practice?

The nonprofit is using one or more social media tools consistently, but it is not strategic because it isn’t linked to a communications strategy, campaign, or program plan. Also, best practices on tools and techniques are part of the organizational skill set.

article thumbnail

Reflections on the Social Media Lab Workshop

Last week, we launched the first session of the " Social Media Lab ," a social media peer group training with a small group of grantees from the Children, Families, Communities Program. Ashley shared a brilliant idea and technique avoid the stigma from failure. Many people have also remixed it.

article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Red T-Shirt Day - Supporting Monks, YouTube Nonprofit Channel, and Web2forDev Conference Reports

Tobias Eigen from Kabissa presented at the Web2fordev: Remixing the Web for International Development. NTEN's September Newsletter has tons of excellent content, in particular check out these articles about new fundraising techniques using tools like mobile phones and Facebook. He also shares the key points of his presentation here.

Summary 50