article thumbnail

Breaking colonial legacies and mapping new pathways to mental wellness: Voices of Indigenous youth leaders on reconciliation

Charity Village

Deloitte released Volume 3 of Voices of Indigenous youth leaders on reconciliation, which delves into the experiences of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities facing intergenerational and recent traumas. Indigenous youth are uniquely affected by systemic barriers and are regularly faced with the impacts of these barriers.

Voice 88
article thumbnail

COVID-related National Service cannot just be gap year for privileged youth

ASU Lodestar Center

America has a long and rich history of national service, often turning to it as a powerful lever in times of crisis, as it did after 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and the Great Recession of 2008. Thankfully, this pandemic will likely inspire a new wave of national service. Now should be no different.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Senior Care

Bloomerang

See if any of these funders serve your community and if you can qualify for funding. (If National Council On Aging. The AARP® Purpose Prize award is a national award in the United States that celebrates people 50 and older who are using their life experience to make a difference. National Council On Aging.

Grant 100
article thumbnail

Breaking the Cycle & Starting the Mental Health Conversation

Saleforce Nonprofit

Known for his outspoken, brutally honest rhetoric, Charlamagne Tha God has been using his platform to amplify the conversation around mental health in the Black community for years. And although being a mental health advocate for the Black community wasn’t something he set out to do, he has fully embraced the role.

article thumbnail

Which New Audiences? A Great Washington Post Article and its Implications about Age, Income, and Race

Museum 2.0

The whole second half of the article was dedicated to our work: Smaller museums can be especially scrappy in finding ways to connect with the community. We changed our museum by reorienting on our community and really saying we exist to be of, by and for you, and to help build a stronger community.” The impact was dramatic.

article thumbnail

From Community Arts To Community of Online Learners: Janet Salmons, Ph.D

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I started in the Cornell University Center for Theatre Arts , where I founded and directed two programs: Cornell Theatre Outreach and the Community-Based Arts Project. From Cornell I went to the intergenerational, national nonprofit called Magic Me. Congratulations on completing your PH.D! Maybe we'd need fewer bombs?)

Arts 50
article thumbnail

Women of Color Resource Center: An Interview with Anisha Desai

Have Fun - Do Good

The Women of Color Resource Center has been around for a little over 17 years and we are a pretty impressive place, I think, because we are one of the very few places in the nation, and globally, that holds the interest of women of color, and girls of color as a central piece of our work. I ended up in it from way back, from where I grew up.