article thumbnail

How can nonprofits adopt social enterprise strategies to create sustainable revenue streams?

ASU Lodestar Center

Recruit outside help from a partner or business professional in the community. The social enterprise model is worth exploring for organizations seeking to diversify their revenue portfolio and create a greater impact on the communities they serve. foreign policy. foreign policy.

Stream 52
article thumbnail

Need Hands-on Help? NetSquared's Free Workshops Are in Your Community

Tech Soup

That's why TechSoup supports a global network of tech trainers called NetSquared. In Peru, the group explored how Azure can help NGOs and in Tanzania , people learned about the concept of cloud productivity services. Boston, Massachusetts: Community Class — Intro to Design Thinking and Prototyping.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with My Dad, Tom Aageson, Co-Founder, Global Center for Cultural Entrepreneurship

Have Fun - Do Good

"If we start losing cultural diversity, we begin to lose our whole sense of community because community is defined by culture. My dad is the co-founder of the Global Center for Cultural Entrepreneurship. They also enrich the community's culture, and they use cultural capital. This was 7 years ago.

Culture 51
article thumbnail

Youth Programs Benefit from Microsoft Donations

Tech Soup

I did a post a few weeks ago on youth programs in TechSoup Global's new Local Impact Map and decided I hadn’t covered this resource nearly enough. demonstrates what nonprofits, NGOs, and libraries around the world are doing with their TechSoup Global software donations to further their missions. Our Local Impact Map.

article thumbnail

Traveling Postcards: Interview with Founder, Caroline Lovell

Have Fun - Do Good

Hundreds of unique, hand-made art postcards, containing words of compassion and solidarity are hand delivered to individuals and communities all over the world, bringing connection, hope, visibility and voice to women and girls whose lives have suffered from isolation, violence or repression. What is the path that brought you to this work?

article thumbnail

The value of attending Gnomedex: Priceless

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I learned a lot, I met fabulous people, and it felt great to be part of an awesome community. I love conversational keynotes and have ever since I first experienced them during the Global Voices London Summit 2005 and Blogher plenary session in 2005. The conference as Chris Brogan says over delivered. All in all.

Blogher 50
article thumbnail

Bringing Women a Global Voice: Jensine Larsen, World Pulse

Have Fun - Do Good

I just had to take that chance." - Jensine Larsen Jensine Larsen is the Founder and CEO of World Pulse , a global media and communication network devoted to bringing women a global voice. Jensine Larsen: World Pulse is a global media enterprise fully devoted to bringing women a global voice.

Voice 69