Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Reflection Remove Remix
article thumbnail

Demetrio Maguigad Rocks the Social Media Game and My Remix Ideas

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Demetrio Maguigad , New Media Manager Community Media Workshop Almost two years ago,  I did a workshop with David Wilcox in Birmingham for LASA.    He has reiterated this game over and over for different audiences and circumstances and I've remixed the game for filmmakers and even took it to Cambodia. 

Remix 50
article thumbnail

Reflections on the Social Media Lab Workshop

Last week, we launched the first session of the " Social Media Lab ," a social media peer group training with a small group of grantees from the Children, Families, Communities Program. She calls it "joyful funeral" -- that you quickly say this didn't work, reflect on why, and move on. Many people have also remixed it.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Dancefloor and Balcony: What I learned about emergent online collaboration from Eugene Eric Kim

The focus of Eugene's work with this network was to better understand its community, the most promising group practices, and have an open discussion that would facilitate learning and interaction among these leaders who were miles apart, spoke different languages, and had Internet access challenges. We knew what was coming.

article thumbnail

10 Steps to Extension Professional 2.0 Remix

Next week I'm doing a Webinar for Extension Professionals , a remix of 10 Steps to Association 2.0 which was a remix of Marnie Webb 's Ten Ways Nonprofits Can Change the World. My initial remix thought (wrong) was to look for examples that were related to agriculture, but the extension is so much more. I'm nervous.

Remix 50
article thumbnail

Nine Ways Networked Nonprofits Use Slideshare

These are my notes for webinar about Nonprofits and Slideshare , a social site where community members share presentations, documents and pdfs. For a couple of years, I’ve been an avid member of the Slideshare community, sharing, browsing, and collaborating on content and watching how nonprofits use the platform.

article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Summary: Highlights from the NpDev and More

Here's a few sessions notes in the wiki: NpTech Tag , definition of Open API For-Profit/Nonprofit Software Collaborations and where are the biggest tool gaps ? I'm looking forward to reading the reflections next week. Carnival Collaboration The Carvinal of Nonprofit Consultants and The Giving Carnival will join forces next week.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

The Participatory Nonprofit?

"There's a mentality shift required to fully engage with social networking and community content sites: sometimes, you have to let go." The paper gives examples of different forms of participatory culture: - Affiliations (memberships - formal and informal - in online communities). each of various qualities. More here ). *