Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Student Remove Teach
article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

A community group worked hard to get her placed on the historic register and raise money to restore her to her mid-century glory. Whether I'm fundraising for Cambodia or Creative Commons , I involve my kids. Whether I'm fundraising for Cambodia or Creative Commons , I involve my kids.

article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

In 2016, I completed my work as facilitator for a learning network of community foundations who are hosting Giving Days, funded by the Knight Foundation. It is also a pivotal year for many community foundations as they consider whether to ramp up or wind down giving day initiatives in their communities.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cloggers Awards Ceremony

August 31st: Cambodia Bloggers Awards Ceremony. The idea for the kits came from the video blogging community when I blogged about wanting to see more video blogging in Cambodia and through the generosity of Coffee with Doug video blog, I sent over 3 camera kits with Jay Dedman and Ryanne Hodson to the Sharing Foundation's computer school.

Award 50
article thumbnail

America's Giving Challenge Days: Bloggers Campaign!

Michele Martin has graciously agreed to lead the charge and created this widget (Thanks Michele) Not only that she invited her blog community to participate. My husband and I adopted two beautiful children, Harry and Sara, from Cambodia. These students are so dedicated that some meet on their own to study on weekends.

Blogger 50
article thumbnail

An Internet Lesson in a Rural Cambodian Village: And Then You Wait.

Hendrie on her quarterly trips) Students, picked by lottery, come daily for six weeks to learn word processing, spread sheets, and Internet use, on our one, slow connection, acquiring a useful skill for future employment. I observed Mam Sari, our head English teacher (and computer geek) teach a Google search lesson and captured video above.

Lesson 50
article thumbnail

Reader Appreciation Day: Beth's Big Give - Congrats to Epic Change

Epic Change uses their donations to provide interest-free loans to local partners to finance their community improvement efforts. are an all volunteer organization and making a big difference in the lives of the students and their families and the schools of the indigenous of western Guatemala. prevention in the community.

Change 50
article thumbnail

Penguin Day Reflections: OS as FairTrade, OS Feminism, and OS - the Next Generation

The video incorporates some slides from Angela Byron's excellent presentation, " Women in Floss " which also speaks to the dark side of gender issues in FOSS communities. The presentation offers some good pointers to women in how to get involved in FOSS communities. What is the best tool for very large communities?