article thumbnail

Embracing Change: A Post-Pandemic Nonprofit Sector

sgEngage

The onset of COVID-19 and its disproportionate impact on black and brown communities pushed the social sector to pivot, stretch and temporarily shutter programs in service to a singular goal: survival. It is almost unfathomable that just a little over a year ago nonprofits were operating in a “world-as-we-knew it” mentality.

Change 91
article thumbnail

Embracing Change: A Post-Pandemic Nonprofit Sector

Connection Cafe

The onset of COVID-19 and its disproportionate impact on black and brown communities pushed the social sector to pivot, stretch and temporarily shutter programs in service to a singular goal: survival. It is almost unfathomable that just a little over a year ago nonprofits were operating in a “world-as-we-knew it” mentality.

Change 49
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What I Learned About Philanthropy, Fundraising, and Social Impact at IFCAsia in Bangkok

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

In 2005, we got a chance to meet face-to-face in London at the Global Voices Blogging Summit after I transitioned from being the Cambodia bridge blogger. The Resource Alliance has been presenting the NGO Awards in Thailand, India and Vietnam for 10 years, but 2017 marked a substantial change in the award program’s focus and delivery.

article thumbnail

What are Effective Strategies Nonprofit Organizations Use to Improve Diversity and Inclusion?

ASU Lodestar Center

A nonprofit not only needs to reflect its community through staffing, but genuinely hear and act upon diverse voices. This study was conducted with workers in Vietnam, and it shows that even in other cultures, inclusion is a healthy practice for organizations. However, what does inclusion look like? 2017, October 5). Trower, C.

article thumbnail

How can nonprofit organizations improve accountability to the populations they serve?

ASU Lodestar Center

As organizations serving public interests, nonprofits answer to the voices of multiple stakeholders. The complex accountability relationships facing nonprofit organizations include responsibilities to donors, clients, community partners, staff members and volunteers. World Development , 31(5), 813-829. Mercelis, F., Wellens, L., &

article thumbnail

A Brief History of Nonprofit Organizations (And What We Can Learn)

NonProfit Hub

Even if you’re a small nonprofit focused on a niche community or cause, expand your fundraising efforts to everyone. Whatever that looks like for you—working with a corporate sponsor, another nonprofit in your community or a for-profit business with a social responsibility angle—your organization could make a lot of progress.

History 61
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: How my mother and AmeriCorps made me a.

ASU Lodestar Center

She served at Carlisle Barracks and the Pentagon in the Women’s Army Corps during the Vietnam War. I agreed with him and thanked him, with a hoarse voice, a handshake and a nod. She taught me, by example, the most important values in my life: service to my country, service to my community, and service to those in need.