article thumbnail

How to Use Data to Drive Your Content Strategy

Association Analytics

Ways to observe : Keep track of purchases, follow member-generated content like community posts, or track what content and individuals members engage with. Organize or create a taxonomy for your content. If you don’t have a taxonomy in place, we suggest you implement one that is association-wide.

Taxonomy 169
article thumbnail

A crash course on trends analysis using Candid’s Foundation 1000 data set 

Candid

private and community foundations. private and community foundations. private and community foundations. ii Finally, we “freeze” the Foundation 1000 annual sets (however, significant changes to our data or taxonomy periodically require us to update these static data sets.) foundations in a given year (see chart below).

Analysis 115
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Design Thinking Facilitation Resources for Nonprofits

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Almost four years ago, I wrote my experience as a participant n a design-thinking lab to give input on a digital strategy for a philanthropy. The design lab was facilitated by Pete Maher, founder of Luma Institute.

article thumbnail

From Community Arts To Community of Online Learners: Janet Salmons, Ph.D

I started in the Cornell University Center for Theatre Arts , where I founded and directed two programs: Cornell Theatre Outreach and the Community-Based Arts Project. As a faculty member for Capella University School of Business, can you tell me about some of the courses you've developed and are teaching? I have two favorites.

Arts 50
article thumbnail

WeAreMedia Live Workshop: Reflections

This was workshop was based on the knowledge shared on the WeAreMedia wiki over the past year using Dave Cormier's Community as the Curriculum approach. The next step is to see how people remix, improve, and share back the material (with attribution of course) - that is the true power of working wikily.

article thumbnail

Which Social Networking Analysis Term Best Describes Virgin America?

One of the questions that also came up in my mind was: What's the difference between a community of practice and a network? I tweeted this and Vladis Krebs had a great answer : The network is the "structure" upon which the community dances and self-organizes. I was not able to find a taxonomy for social network analysis tools.

article thumbnail

How to Design from Virtual Metaphor to Real Experience, and an Example

Museum 2.0

If visitors can assign their own tags to artifacts, then we can create visitor-generated folksonomies alongside traditional taxonomies—and people who are searching for content can find artifacts of interest via either path. Traditional taxonomies may only cover a certain set of metadata about an object. Why are folksonomies useful?