Remove Childhood Remove Community Remove History Remove Student
article thumbnail

A clarion call to invest in historically Black colleges and universities

Candid

Prior to the Civil War, the education of Black Americans was prohibited in most states and discouraged in others, leaving many Black communities without access to the educational resources to build quality lives, much less wealth. They are “anchor” institutions that also serve as economic engines for Black and low-income communities.

article thumbnail

How the Latino Community Foundation Used Learning and Pivoting to Get Better Fundraising Results

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

That’s exactly what the Latino Community Foundation did. Tell us briefly about the mission of the Latino Community Foundation (purpose, staffing/budget size, and fundraising history). The Latino Community Foundation (LCF) is the premier Latino fund in California. Masha Chernyak. Foundation with 4 core staff members.

Results 112
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

14+ Excellent Nonprofit Annual Reports

Whole Whale

DREAM’s annual report is doing everything right: beautiful images, student stories, and (of course) thanking their donors. We especially love how they paired a full-page image of a student with key stats that support the organization’s overall mission, a mix of showing and telling. Check out the annual report template!

Report 85
article thumbnail

Covid-19 and Museum

Museum 2.0

As a Historic Interpreter for Telfair Museums, I would lead visitors through the Owens-Thomas House and Slave Quarters on a 45 minute guided tour of antebellum Savannah history discussing politics and urban slavery. These created communities allows many of us to process this moment with each other. I set up digital lunches.

Museum 29
article thumbnail

Major Gifts: 16 Strategies to Raise More

Neon CRM

Once you’ve identified people who have a history of supporting your organization, seem to have the capacity to make major gifts, and have a pattern of making major gifts to other organizations, you’ll be able to start intentionally cultivating relationships with them. Why Implement It? Why Implement It? Why Implement It?

Gift 52
article thumbnail

Ze Frank Takes Over (My) Museum

Museum 2.0

I get excited about a lot of things in my work at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. To recreate childhood photographs. This winter, as part of a museumwide exhibition called Work in Progress , Ze and the virtual army of participants in A Show will take over a gallery of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.

Museum 45
article thumbnail

How to Get Your Nonprofit’s Story in the News

Get Fully Funded

Even though there aren’t as many people today reading actual newspapers or watching the 6 o’clock news these days, your local media still reaches a large audience of people in your community who need to know about your nonprofit’s work. Emphasize what you will do with the gift and how it will impact the community. It’s just too broad.

Story 122