Remove Cancer Remove Community Remove Conservancy Remove Press
article thumbnail

10 Blogging Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

News articles on your website can serve the same function as blog posts on your website provided they are dated and written like a blog post, not a press release. For example, the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network makes wise use of their sidebar by prominently featuring a call-to-follow on social networks and an e-newsletter opt-in.

Practice 352
article thumbnail

How to Start a Nonprofit: 12 Essential Steps for Success

Bloomerang

Does the community have a strong need for this nonprofit? Make sure that by starting a new nonprofit, you’ll be able to fulfill an unmet need in the community. For example, perhaps your idea for creating a nonprofit focused on raising funds for children fighting cancer started with one family’s need for support in a challenging time.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits & Gaming: Playing Your Way to More Funds, More Volunteers, and Solving the World's Problems

NTEN

may prove to be a key resource for solving some of our most pressing real-world problems," according to game designer Jane McGonigal in The Wall Street Journal. 57,000 gamers have outperformed supercomputers in the task of folding proteins in new ways that could lead scientists to cures for Alzheimer's, cancer and more.

Game 100
article thumbnail

How to Get Your Nonprofit’s Story in the News

Get Fully Funded

Even though there aren’t as many people today reading actual newspapers or watching the 6 o’clock news these days, your local media still reaches a large audience of people in your community who need to know about your nonprofit’s work. Emphasize what you will do with the gift and how it will impact the community.

Story 122
article thumbnail

Nonprofits and MySpace Roundup Inspired By Solidariti

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Amazon Conservation Team. Breast Cancer Action. She also points to a recent article in the Australian press about nonprofits in Melbourne raising money in my space called It's MySpace, my charity, your money. It creates more of a community. Here's a list culled from the portal. happy browsing. Americans for the Arts.

Myspace 50
article thumbnail

Save Your Trash: An Interview with Ari Derfel

Have Fun - Do Good

When this came out, it just seemed I guess obvious to some people to rail against me, and to call me "liberal" and "dirty" and "hippy" and "smelly", or anything to get some press and attention, which was fascinating. Then as I'm reading, I see a woman from Texas who writes and says, "I'm a Christian conservative right-wing person from Texas.

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Raising More Money By Asking (And Answering) Better Questions

Bloomerang

Or is it somebody that you see them as a kind, caring, community-minded person who might be able to make a difference? . So if you care about the donors and their feelings and their contribution to the community, that makes a difference. . Who else in the community should we talk to? . Is it just an ATM machine?

Money 106