article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on December 25th

Amy Sample Ward

To follow more of the things I find online, you can follow @amysampleward on Twitter (which is just a blog and resource feed), or find me on Delicious (for all kinds of bookmarks). UnConference and holiday discount | NetSquared, an initiative of TechSoupGlobal.org – NonProfit 2.0 Unconference is coming to Washington, D.C.,

article thumbnail

Women Who Tech: Tools and Apps to Energize your Base

Amy Sample Ward

My slides covered the tools and apps for the back stage side of energizing your community. Having tools in place to help you monitor, measure, and evaluate your work in real time will help you be more successful with your campaign, better engage with the community, and make more lasting change in the long run. Community Mapping.

Tools 162
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Interview with NTEN's Content Manager: Steph Routh

NTEN

Steph will be managing and keeping the great online community content flowing, while doubling as one of Portland''s most revered bike & transportation advocates outside the office. Check out this interview with Steph, follow her on Twitter @StephRouth , and drop her a message to introduce yourself! see photo below).

NTEN 92
article thumbnail

For my mom on Ada Lovelace Day

Amy Sample Ward

Here are a couple great ways to join the community: Women Who Tech Telesummit – “brings together talented and renowned women breaking new ground in technology who use their tech savvy skills to transform the world and inspire change. Want to join in? Sign the pledge, add your post to the list, and get connected: [link].

Oregon 111
article thumbnail

Tips to Humanize Your Social Media

Care2

Unconference this really resonated with me when Paul Young of charity: water said in his keynote, what if your online communications (website, social media, fundraising appeals) looked like how you talked. Listen to your Community. Focus in on what your community says about your organization. Is it positive?

article thumbnail

NetSquared Local Events: Week of June 17, 2013

Tech Soup

you can always follow them online on Twitter or Facebook. NetSquared Local believes that the best way to build a strong, self sufficient community of #nptech practitioners is for us to go outside and get face-to-face. Using NetSquared Camp as an example, he introduces readers to the participant-driven unconference model.

article thumbnail

NTEN Member Buzz Round-Up: July 2 2010

NTEN

Unconference where Beth did some learning at, see the summary Allyson Kapin provides over on the Care2 Frogloop blog. I liked this little tidbit on Twitter : Shana Masterson , at the National Brain Tumor Society , is looking at. Tags: community buzz nonprofit technology NPTech nten members. For more summary of the Nonprofit2.0

NTEN 66