article thumbnail

Cambodia: Responsible Tourism: Part 3

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This is the third of a three-part post about what I learned about social media, NGOs, and Social Change in Cambodia during my “ homecoming trip.” Part 1 was about NGOs in Cambodia, focusing on the work of the Sharing Foundation. Part 2 was about the Cambodian social media community.

Cambodia 103
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Technology Celebrates International Women's Day

Tech Soup

International NGO Leadership. Janet Mawlyoo , executive director, Kenya Community Development Foundation. Image 1: Jennifer Leahy Photography. Nonprofit Technology Leadership. Amy Sample Ward and Holly Ross from NTEN. Karen Graham and Laura Quinn from Idealware. Catalina Escobar , executive director of MAKAIA in Colombia.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Storymakers 2016 Winners

Tech Soup

This is an example of a community using video to capture the inspiration inherent in its nonprofit mission. Best Photography Winner — Learning Tree Farm. First, we want to thank every nonprofit and NGO who submitted. Lastly, thanks to everyone on the Community Engagement team at TechSoup for their support.

Taiwan 63
article thumbnail

#15NTC Demo Stage: The Line-Up and the Prizes

NTEN

Photo Credit: Broken Banjo Photography Last year, we tried something new at the Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC): A Demo Stage. This year, the Demo Stage is back, and with a completely sold out schedule of presentations. Plus, of course, lots of amazing prizes!

NTC 36
article thumbnail

#IFC2014 International Fundraising Congress: Inspire, Connect, Transform

I also keynoted the NGO track at the Internet Festival in Pisa, Italy (more about that in separate post later). He shared an amazing story of how his institution has adapted to online networks and digital photography, but the even more inspiring were the many photos and the stories of social change behind those photos.

article thumbnail

Mission in Action, in Life and in Work| The Storytelling Power of A Camera Lens

Connection Cafe

It’s not unusual, especially in the community where I live, for these very same people to be friends and colleagues. Radtke was in my community as a part of a special exhibit ERD has put together to mark its 75 th anniversary. Nonprofit News Blackbaud''s Mission in Action Exhibit photography Sean Sheridan storytelling'

Camera 20
article thumbnail

Second Life: Issue Awareness Raising Campaigns

" He goes on to offer some advice: Get to know the community first. According to my colleague Rik Riel, this campaign is sponsored by the Spanish NGO Mensajeros de la Paz , which is leveraging various new media to draw attention to their work. "Don't forget the real world" contains such a superior, pejorative tone.