Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Global Remove Student
article thumbnail

Raise Your Hand for Girls on October 11, 2012

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The goal is to collect 4 million actions (photos of hands raised, likes on their Facebook campaign page, etc) and present the collective actions to the United Nations Secretary General and the world donor community urging them to put girls’ education as their priority. The photo above is Keo Savon with me this summer in Cambodia.

Raise 114
article thumbnail

A few Expat Bloggers in Cambodia

The Cambodian Blog community has many facets, including an active group of "ex-pat" bloggers. Ex-pats are people who are citizens from other countries, but are living in Cambodia. Details Are Sketchy is an anonymous blogger who writes about life in Cambodia. I think he might be the first ex-pat Cambodian blogger.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Youth Programs Benefit from Microsoft Donations

Tech Soup

I did a post a few weeks ago on youth programs in TechSoup Global's new Local Impact Map and decided I hadn’t covered this resource nearly enough. demonstrates what nonprofits, NGOs, and libraries around the world are doing with their TechSoup Global software donations to further their missions. Our Local Impact Map.

article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

A community group worked hard to get her placed on the historic register and raise money to restore her to her mid-century glory. Whether I'm fundraising for Cambodia or Creative Commons , I involve my kids. Whether I'm fundraising for Cambodia or Creative Commons , I involve my kids.

article thumbnail

America's Giving Challenge Days: Bloggers Campaign!

Michele Martin has graciously agreed to lead the charge and created this widget (Thanks Michele) Not only that she invited her blog community to participate. My husband and I adopted two beautiful children, Harry and Sara, from Cambodia. These students are so dedicated that some meet on their own to study on weekends.

Blogger 50
article thumbnail

Twitter’s Claire Williams Shares Why Literacy Is Her Cause

Note from Beth: As a supporter of the work that the Sharing Foundation does for children in Cambodia, I’ve seen first hand the value of literacy programs in developing countries. A group of graduate students from Berkeley were coming to Kenya. Some weeks later, we got an email from one of the students, freshly in Kenya.

article thumbnail

Cloggers Awards Ceremony

August 31st: Cambodia Bloggers Awards Ceremony. The idea for the kits came from the video blogging community when I blogged about wanting to see more video blogging in Cambodia and through the generosity of Coffee with Doug video blog, I sent over 3 camera kits with Jay Dedman and Ryanne Hodson to the Sharing Foundation's computer school.

Award 50