article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on June 11th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. I think it's great to revisit a list like this even if you are already working with your community online to be sure you haven't forgotten about some of the key foundations that will help you succeed.

Web 105
article thumbnail

Designing Programs to Build Community: Case Study with Charity Technology Trust

Amy Sample Ward

This afternoon I had the pleasure and honor of spending a few hours with members of the Charity Technology Trust/Charity Technology Exchange team, part of the TechSoup Global network , exploring their options for creating programs or services to build and foster community throughout their network. Who is the community?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 24th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. How to Prepare Your Community for a Major Change « The Community Manager – "Change: it’s the one constant in life. Just make a short video of two minutes or less showing us the good work you do in your community.

Web 137
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 23rd

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog – Really excited by projects that help close gaps, provide accessibility, and increase portability of all things webby. Introducing WebAPI ?

Web 135
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on May 16th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Open Source Zanby Announcement | Zanby.com – I'm so very excited to see this group/community platform go open source! Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of May 16th).

Web 129
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on May 3rd

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Have a look into “5 Skills for Online Community Managers&# and find out what some of the community facilitator traits would be like, according to him…" ' There are two responses I usually give here. than ever before.

Web 111
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on March 30th

Amy Sample Ward

I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Any member of the NTEN community is welcome to vote, but only one vote per person, per IP address will be counted." Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of March 30th).

Web 132