Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Offline Remove Photo
article thumbnail

Guest Post by Michaela Hackner: Community Matters Even At SXSW

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I actually have a repertoire of stories, but one of them is about Michaela Hackner ( Kalabird.) I connected with her through her amazing photos of Cambodia on Flickr when I was covering the Cambodian blogosphere for Global Voices over five years ago. Some may exist solely online. We received a lot of great feedback and the idea took.

article thumbnail

The Last Blogpotomac: A New Community Rises from the Ashes

Flickr Photo by Ghbrett. The strong community vibe in the room was inspiring and comfortable. Since this was the last BlogPotomac (read this insightful post about why), the community self-organized a wake after the conference. While this was my first blogpotomac, I was not new to this community. conference in 2010.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Dr. Hendrie, Sharing Foundation Founder Demonstrates That You're Never Too Old To Make A Difference!

mostly offline and email) Yesterday, I had to chance to show her some online social networks like Twitter and Facebook as well as some tools like video blogging. In the US, Dr. Hendrie leads an amazing community of volunteers that I'm proud to be a part of. She made the above video with my son, Harry. Please go read it.

article thumbnail

Networked Nonprofit in Boston: A Story of Contrasts

Networking: Weaving Online and Offline, Strong Ties and Weak Ties. Next, I asked them to stand and take a photo of someone next to them and to post the photo on their Facebook or Twitter using our hashtag, #netnon. I have been experimenting with how to deliver “networked&# presentations and workshops.

Boston 95
article thumbnail

Thank you Teresa Crawford and NpTech Circuit Riders for Helping Us Swim Upstream!

I'm a longtime member of the Nonprofit Circuit Riders community. Circuit Riders are a community of people with technology skills who help nonprofit organizations be more effective through the use of technology. " This is a wonderful community. Don't know what that means? MediaJumpStart, 2002).

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

I'm Speaking at SXSW About Nonprofits and Social Fundraising

Yet many have overcome the odds and made a splash online and offline by using the latest Web technologies - for pennies on the dollar. We connected through the "cambodia" tag on flickr because I was tracking it for Global Voices back in 2005. Builds Community. Peter identified the pros/cons as: Pros. Year round.

article thumbnail

Chris Brogan: What Were Your First Steps?

I was networking weaving between the offline/online. Then I discovered the Internet and became the community builder for Arts Wire, an online network for artists that used a unix-based text conferencing system called Caucus. We were all excited by the beginning of the Web in those days and there were communities and conversations.