Remove Arts Remove Community Remove Museum Remove Netherlands
article thumbnail

Six Museum-Related Blogs You Might Not Know About That Are Really Good

Museum 2.0

I believe that the museum blogosphere is still underdeveloped and there's lots of room for people to share their inspiration, experience, and ideas. For a year now, Peter Linett and his friends at Slover-Linett Strategies have been blogging thoughtfully about connecting with arts audiences in new ways. The Museum of the Future.

Museum 46
article thumbnail

Is Wikipedia Loves Art Getting "Better"?

Museum 2.0

It's rare that a participatory museum project is more than a one-shot affair. But next month, Britain Loves Wikipedia will commence--the third instance of a strange and fascinating collaborative project between museums and the Wikipedia community (Wikimedians). I hope you'll share your thoughts in the comments.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Launching the First Wave of the OF/BY/FOR ALL Change Network

Museum 2.0

Our goal is to help civic and cultural institutions become more representative OF, co-created BY, and welcoming FOR their diverse communities. We've see this model succeed at the MAH and at other community-centered organizations around the world. We see OF/BY/FOR ALL as an adaptable playbook for community change.

article thumbnail

Book Announcement: The Participatory Museum is now available!

Museum 2.0

As many of you know, I've been working for the past year+ on a book about visitor participation in museums, libraries, science centers, and art galleries. The Participatory Museum is a practical guide to visitor participation. The Participatory Museum is an attempt at providing such a resource. Want to buy a book ?

article thumbnail

Anyone Who Says this isn't a Business is Nuts.

Museum 2.0

In the Netherlands, State Secretary for Culture Halbe Zijlstra slashed 200 million euros from the national budget for the arts, leading to the close of the innovative National History Museum project and crippling many superbly inventive and inspiring organizations like Mediamatic and the Waag Society. Let me explain.

article thumbnail

Your Cause Camp 2018 Lineup is Here

NonProfit Hub

Vu is a writer, speaker, vegan, Pisces, and the Executive Director of Rainier Valley Corps, a nonprofit in Seattle that promotes social justice by developing leaders of color, strengthening organizations led by communities of color,= and fostering collaboration between diverse communities. Julie Hirshey. philadelphiaeagles.com.

Causes 41
article thumbnail

Hiring A Google Grants Manager: A Guide & 9 Agencies

Nonprofits Source

They’ll leverage your grant to reach your entire community of donors, volunteers, advocates, and beneficiaries. Whether you work at a museum, performing arts center, library, or another type of cultural organization, INTK will work with you to achieve more through professional Google Ad Grants management. A/B testing.

Grant 52