article thumbnail

South Dakota Helpline Center

VisionLink

Visionlink is excited to begin supporting the work of the South Dakota Helpline Center. They will be using Visionlink's Community Services system to provide resources and referrals to their community. To learn more about South Dakota Helpline Center's important work, visit their website.

article thumbnail

Volunteer Smarter, Not Harder: Tips from Your Fellow Social Good Pros

sgEngage

Help them to feel that their contribution is important to the success of the organization. – David Hecht, data and report analyst at the South Dakota State University Foundation . . When they do succeed, they will return to volunteer again. – Mark Guncheon, development IT analyst at Bon Secours Health System . .

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On The Environment And Conservation Efforts

Kindful

See if any of these funders serve your community and if you qualify for funding. Oregon Community Foundation. The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Grand Rapids Community Foundation. Santa Fe Community Foundation. Also, don’t miss out on my lists for Education and Arts & Culture funders.

article thumbnail

Take a Shower and Other WFH Tips from Your Social Good Peers

Connection Cafe

Until I took time to find places for everything and a system that worked my disorganization was adding to my anxiety.” . – Mark Guncheon, Bon Secours Health System . “The night before, set up & clean your work area so you aren’t distracted by messes and can get straight to work.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Organizational Culture Eats Big Data for Lunch

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Why do some get overwhelmed in the deluge of data flowing from their systems? Why do some organizations struggle to manage their data? Why do other nonprofits extract a lot of value out of their information? How is it that others have harnessed data to drive better decision making?

Culture 50
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Power Of Community In Strategic Planning

Bloomerang

Community engagement, though at times unwieldy and time-consuming, is critical to truly propel all variables towards a common goal. Julie Ha Truong will outline best practices in community engagement in planning. Julie Ha Truong is joining us from beautiful California by way of South Dakota in her background. I love it.

article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Roundup: Election Day, NPTech Blog Chatter, and Tool Talk

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Dave Pollard's Principles of Knowledge Management (for organizations with no KM resources) includes 16 principles to think about when designing a system. There is a fairly large educator community on Second Life and the lessons learned are starting to appear in the blogosphere. Something to read before jumping into using the tools.

Nptech 50