article thumbnail

Introducing Community Participation Bootcamp at the MAH

Museum 2.0

MuseumCamp is a professional development experience that is part retreat, part unconference, part adult summer camp. Some people want an outcome-oriented training (as opposed to a community co-created summer camp). You will learn the theory and practice of how to open your organization to robust community participation.

article thumbnail

She's Geeky -- An Unconference for Women in Technology

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Kaliya Hamlin pinged me to let me know about She's Geeky -- here's the info from the site. connect to each other and address issues women face in participating in technical communities. connect to each other and address issues women face in participating in technical communities. Social Networking Sites. Or maybe bracamp?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on December 25th

Amy Sample Ward

UnConference and holiday discount | NetSquared, an initiative of TechSoupGlobal.org – NonProfit 2.0 Unconference is coming to Washington, D.C., UnConference and holiday discount | NetSquared, an initiative of TechSoupGlobal.org – NonProfit 2.0 Unconference is coming to Washington, D.C., NonProfit 2.0

article thumbnail

Voices from the Community: Accessibility

Tech Soup

Voices from the Community is an ongoing series of blog posts culling. popular topics of interest from the TechSoup Community Forums and other. online community channels. As our community discusses the topic of building a culture of accessibility, an important distinction arises. Opening Hearts and Minds. and Ottowa.

article thumbnail

Women Who Tech: Tools and Apps to Energize your Base

Amy Sample Ward

My slides covered the tools and apps for the back stage side of energizing your community. Having tools in place to help you monitor, measure, and evaluate your work in real time will help you be more successful with your campaign, better engage with the community, and make more lasting change in the long run. Community Mapping.

Tools 162
article thumbnail

You talk, we listen: 10NTC Community Call Notes

NTEN

Yesterday, NTEN Community Members joined us for the beginning of the planning for 2010 Nonprofit Technology Conference. Community Site: Some folks didn't find NTConnect very intuitive and experienced a hard time with the site. We're looking a an unconference track or on the first day of the conference.

article thumbnail

For my mom on Ada Lovelace Day

Amy Sample Ward

.&# People around the world are sharing stories about women in technology and science via blogs, Twitter and other social media, as well as coming together offline for events in various countries (you can find events on the FindingAda.com site ). Want to join in? Sign the pledge, add your post to the list, and get connected: [link].

Oregon 111