article thumbnail

Funding And Grant Resources For Nonprofits Serving The LGBTQ+ Community

Bloomerang

Pride Month is a great time to celebrate and reflect on the work activists and nonprofit organizations are doing to support the LGBTQ+ community. With that in mind, I wanted to share a list of funding and grant resources available for nonprofits serving that community. The Vermont Community Foundation. New York Foundation.

Grant 121
article thumbnail

Volunteer Smarter, Not Harder: Tips from Your Fellow Social Good Pros

sgEngage

Always have a strategic plan to ensure volunteers see their place in the organization and the fruits of their efforts. – Tim Ambrose, manager, alumni relations at Fanshawe College . . When you know your volunteers’ backgrounds, interests, and abilities, you can place them with the right opportunity to advance your mission. . .

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On The Environment And Conservation Efforts

Kindful

See if any of these funders serve your community and if you qualify for funding. Oregon Community Foundation. The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Grand Rapids Community Foundation. Santa Fe Community Foundation. Also, don’t miss out on my lists for Education and Arts & Culture funders.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Organizational Culture Eats Big Data for Lunch

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I found successful data driven organizations across nearly every sub-sector including higher education, international relief, religious, medical research, healthcare, human services, mental health and crisis intervention, community improvement and capacity building, environmental, and animal welfare.

Culture 50
article thumbnail

Take a Shower and Other WFH Tips from Your Social Good Peers

Connection Cafe

Until I took time to find places for everything and a system that worked my disorganization was adding to my anxiety.” . A table is a better place to focus. – JoAnn Strommen, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology . “Do remember to get up and stretch on a regular basis. Get Up and Move Around .

article thumbnail

GUIDE: Using Donor Personas to Maximize Your Nonprofit Fundraising

The Science Behind Engaging your Supporters

For example, dynamic fields could allow you to display a picture of the Badlands to readers in South Dakota, while readers in Arizona see the Red Rocks of Sedona. Sending Emma a reminder before or a follow up message after a community event? One-click email donation is a key functionality of donor software that can achieve this.

Donor 65
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Power Of Community In Strategic Planning

Bloomerang

Community engagement, though at times unwieldy and time-consuming, is critical to truly propel all variables towards a common goal. Julie Ha Truong will outline best practices in community engagement in planning. Julie Ha Truong is joining us from beautiful California by way of South Dakota in her background. I love it.