article thumbnail

Top benefits for association leaders to connect with their volunteer members

Nimble AMS

According to the Michigan 4-H Recognition Handbook , when volunteers are acknowledged, it gives them a chance for reflection, self-assessment, and a boost in self-esteem and motivation. Not only will your volunteer program benefit from an emphasis on DEI initiatives, but you’ll also positively impact your association and community. .

article thumbnail

3 Essential Questions to Assess Your Digital Transformation

Saleforce Nonprofit

buildOn mobilizes young people to transform their communities and build schools in developing countries. For Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA), personalization for each young person (a “Little”) and their adult mentor (a “Big”) is critical to its mission. Where are you on the spectrum?

Digital 116
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Higher Education Funding & Grant Resources

Bloomerang

The Awesome Foundation is a global community advancing the interest of “awesome in the universe,” mostly through providing $1,000 micro-grants. Areas served: Worldwide (communities where IGT operates). Areas served: Worldwide (communities with a Costco). Wish You Well Foundation. Brown Rudnick Center for Public Interest.

article thumbnail

5 Places to Find Grants for Your Nonprofit for FREE!

Get Fully Funded

This group of 400+ organizations – libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit resource centers – offer you a way to access it from their location. When you use one of these, focus on using keywords or key phrases that include the type of thing or program you’re wanting to fund (art, horses, mentoring programs, etc.)

Grant 98
article thumbnail

Keeping Your 2016 Resolutions with NetSquared's Free Workshops

Tech Soup

Now, I'm no Houdini, but I predict that your New Year's resolutions are noble, high-minded stuff like "find a mentor" or "learn a new skill every month." If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar.

article thumbnail

NpTag Tag and Nonprofit Collaborative Tag Project Types

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Tag Mentoring: The flip side -- the intentional use of tagging to share what you know with another person or persons informally. Is this how Npower Michigan is using delicious ? Community/Network Level. A tag community. "A loosely coupled community." Throwing seeds out? Emily's post ).

Tag 50
article thumbnail

An Interview with Jeska Linden about Nonprofits in Second Life

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Jeska Linden in flickr Jeska Linden (Jeska Dzwigalski) is the Community Manager for Linden Lab , the creators of the virtual world Second Life , where she has worked since the summer of 2004. I grew up just outside of Detroit Michigan, daughter of a police officer and nurse. Mixed Reality Event ??? But if you don???t