article thumbnail

Introducing Community Participation Bootcamp at the MAH

Museum 2.0

MuseumCamp is a professional development experience that is part retreat, part unconference, part adult summer camp. Some people want an outcome-oriented training (as opposed to a community co-created summer camp). You will learn the theory and practice of how to open your organization to robust community participation.

article thumbnail

Start 2017 by Building Your Tech Skills and Community

Tech Soup

TechSoup's NetSquared community is hosting free monthly technology meetups in 74 cities globally, but with more than 39,000 members, it can be hard to get a sense of the community's needs. To be a part of a larger nonprofit community/networking. They come to us looking for practical tips and a supportive community.

Benin 37
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Women Who Tech: Tools and Apps to Energize your Base

Amy Sample Ward

My slides covered the tools and apps for the back stage side of energizing your community. Having tools in place to help you monitor, measure, and evaluate your work in real time will help you be more successful with your campaign, better engage with the community, and make more lasting change in the long run. Community Mapping.

Tools 162
article thumbnail

Voices from the Community: Accessibility

Tech Soup

Voices from the Community is an ongoing series of blog posts culling. popular topics of interest from the TechSoup Community Forums and other. online community channels. As our community discusses the topic of building a culture of accessibility, an important distinction arises. Opening Hearts and Minds. and Ottowa.

article thumbnail

NTEN Members Online Round-Up: We're Back in Action, and So Are You!

NTEN

Peter Dietz and Christine Egger officially started the process this week of transitioning Social Actions – the community creating APIs and collaborations to make finding actionable opportunities easier across the web – over to its new home at GuideStar. unconference. Are you looking to get Facebook engagement up in your community?

NTEN 50
article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Summary: Face-to-Face or Mediated Experience, Open Source Software Communities, and Blog Days

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

" I think web stats are useful when we are using them measure our outcomes. Organizing a community and serving it well has a lot of dimensions poorly reflected in webstats alone. OpenSource and Software Communities Jon Stahl has a thoughtful essay on Nonprofits, Open Source and Leadership. I think it means nothing.

article thumbnail

NetSquared Volunteers Help Nonprofits Like You Master Technology

Tech Soup

National Volunteer Week has come and gone, but I ask you to join me every week in celebrating the amazing contributions of TechSoup's NetSquared community. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. SF Online Community Meetup.