article thumbnail

Friends of Dallas Animal Services: Creating Limitless Possibilities for the Animals of Dallas

DipJar

Spring and summer are kitten season at Dallas Animal Services (DAS). Beginning in April and continuing through the summer, thousands of community cats have litters that are taken in, cared for, and ultimately adopted. A Critical Mission for Animals and the Community. More than ninety percent of them will have positive outcomes.

Dallas 98
article thumbnail

Women’s History Month: 11 Nonprofits That Are Advocating For Female Empowerment

Kindful

This Women’s History Month, we’re proud to highlight the innovative and impactful work of these Kindful customers. Join the community. Headquarters in: Dallas, TX. Their goal is to cultivate strong, contributing members of their community. How To Support 500 Women Scientists. Partner with them. Crossroads for Women.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community. I chose to focus my thesis on Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

Memo from the Revolution: Six Things I've Learned from our Institutional Transformation

Museum 2.0

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to give one of the closing talks at the Theater Communications Group annual conference in Dallas. Over the past two years, the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History has undergone a significant transformation of program, audience, and resources. We believe in fearless experimentation.

Museum 55
article thumbnail

The Event-Driven Museum, One Year Later

Museum 2.0

Now, a year later, I've seen the beginnings of how that question has borne out at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH) , as well as hearing from folks around the museum industry about the interplay of exhibitions and events at their own institutions. And so, in this post, a few findings, and more questions.

Museum 53
article thumbnail

Cool App Roundup: Arts Organization Edition

Tech Soup

This was a great way for the students to contribute to their community. The Dallas Museum. Museum of African American History's mobile web app likewise runs on most mobile devices with a web browser. The really cool thing is how Public Art Omaha did it: their public art. used on almost any device with a mobile web browser.

Arts 63
article thumbnail

The 2019 Best Nonprofit Conferences Calendar

The Science Behind Engaging your Supporters

The premise is that governing well is essential for strong nonprofits working efficiently and effectively to address critical needs in our communities. Our institute is designed to advance the skills and knowledge of nonprofit professionals, volunteers, board members, and community leaders. Nonprofit Management / @usdsoles.

Calendar 111