Remove Award Remove Community Remove Global Remove Jordan
article thumbnail

What happened in 2020 disaster philanthropy beyond COVID-19?  

Candid

billion from private and community foundations and public charities, 96% of dollars addressed disease outbreaks (mainly COVID-19). Refugees have sought asylum around the globe but primarily in the neighboring countries of Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan. Support racialized communities. All funders are disaster funders”. Be flexible.

article thumbnail

7 Reasons Why You Should Attend Nonprofit Summit

Saleforce Nonprofit

We’ve already told you about conservationist Dr. Jane Goodall and Grammy award-winner Leslie Odom Jr. s performance on our global mainstage to connect our worldwide attendees through the power of music. Clooney is a globally recognized, high-powered barrister in the field of international human rights and criminal law.

Nonprofit 134
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NTEN Member Round-Up: You're Doing NPTech Right!

NTEN

Participate in the 2009 Getting Attention Nonprofit Tagline Awards voting to see the 60 tag line finalists and get both inspired and thinking strategically about your own tag line. Jordan Viator ( Convio ) weighs in: Seth Godin took nonprofits to task on their (as he argued) lack of penetration into the social media sphere.

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

Vote and Comment for ALL these Awesome Nonprofit Panels at SXSW!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The final program is done through a combination of an open submission and community voting process. Jordan Viator invited me to be a panelist on this panel and I agreed because David Neff is a fellow panelist and I bet Jordan will make him wear an apron! In addition, there's be lots of learning shared freely. Carie Lewis.

Comment 95
article thumbnail

NpTech Roundup: Grasshoppers and Ants - Social Fundraising Off Season

Global Giving's " Giving Made Green " launched last week and was written up in the New York Times. Competitions, Awards, and Recognition. Ending Global Slavery is part of an Ashoka initiative Changemakers.net. million to support a project based on feedback from the online community. Hurry voting ends August 5th.

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

Last Chance to Vote for Nonprofit SXSW Panels: Closes September 4th

The final program is done through a combination of an open submission and community voting process. Jordan Viator invited me to be a panelist on this panel and I agreed because David Neff is a fellow panelist and I bet Jordan will make him wear an apron! The SXSW Interactive Festival. Twitterstorm, anyone? Carie Lewis.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Beth Kanter's SXSWi Nonprofit Panel Roundup

NTEN

The final program is done through a combination of an open submission and community voting process. Jordan Viator invited me to be a panelist on this panel and I agreed because David Neff is a fellow panelist and I bet Jordan will make him wear an apron! The SXSW Interactive Festival. The Real House Wives of Social Media.