article thumbnail

Are You Serving Youth in Your Community? Think You Could Use a Free Tablet?

Tech Soup

We want you to tell us how you are using products donated through TechSoup to help the youth in your community develop valuable life skills that will prepare them to take full advantage of their bright futures. Interested in winning this tablet? If you answered yes to all of those questions, keep reading! Ready to enter?

Sponsor 52
article thumbnail

What Does a NetSquared Event Look Like?

Tech Soup

Instead of words, let me try a few pictures that will illustrate our community. There are NetSquared groups in 50 cities who are dedicated to holding events for their local nonprofit technology communities. Join us every month for a dose of community inspiration. Beirut, Lebanon: Android Development for Teens.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Deep Learning When Nonprofit Techies Get Together

Tech Soup

I heard from an organizer who told me that her last two jobs have come from her volunteer role in our community, and from many others who told me that getting together with their peers is what gives them the energy to continue to find innovative ways to use technology for good. Join them every month for a dose of community invigoration!

article thumbnail

What color is the social web?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

One of my Twitter followers, @persistance pointed me to Shireen Mitchell (aka @digitalsista ) who is moderating a session at BlogHer, DC about online community building for political action. Niche Online Social Networks - stats on black planet and migente - online communities for blacks and latinos. Photo by MckaySavage.

Web 61
article thumbnail

Brahm Ahmadi, People's Grocery, Podcast Transcript

Have Fun - Do Good

The primary need, obviously, in our community, West Oakland, is a lack of access to healthy and affordable foods. Heart disease is the number one killer in the community, and diabetes is number two, and if you combine all of the diet-related chronic diseases that are in the community, it makes up over half of the mortality rate.

People 43