article thumbnail

Resilience Rides the Waves of Disruption

.orgSource

Cultivating continuous learning—Identifying what you don’t know and striving to fill the knowledge gaps. Pre-COVID, we had a program called the Milwaukee Kitchen Cabinet. The goals were to talk about the great things that restaurants do in their communities. But COVID reinforced that lesson. Here’s an example from my experience.

Milwaukee 221
article thumbnail

Secret Agent L: Covering the Globe with Random Acts of Kindess

Have Fun - Do Good

It's this amazing community of people who take a few minutes out of their day to leave something behind for someone to find just to let that person know that they're not alone, and that someone is thinking about them. He's out of Milwaukee. I put it up on the website. We knew that would be the perfect place.

Cancer 68
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is It Worth It? An ROI Calculator for Social Network Campaigns - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

I agree with Beth that a dollar value alone cant determine whether using online social networking is a worthwhile activity, which is why Ive also included time and geek knowledge in my formula. February 9, 2009 | KM - Milwaukee, USA Marketing is only a part of it. I would love to see more success stories -- post em here!

article thumbnail

Is It Worth It? An ROI Calculator for Social Network Campaigns - Online Fundraising, Advocacy, and Social Media - frogloop

Care2

I agree with Beth that a dollar value alone cant determine whether using online social networking is a worthwhile activity, which is why Ive also included time and geek knowledge in my formula. February 9, 2009 | KM - Milwaukee, USA Marketing is only a part of it. I would love to see more success stories -- post em here!

article thumbnail

Care2

ROI 53
article thumbnail

Research Friday: Strengthening the Economy through Civic Engagement

ASU Lodestar Center

Tocqueville declared in Democracy in America that these associations were indispensable to a functional democracy and that the knowledge of how to work together was the “mother of all forms of knowledge” in a democratic country. Working with neighbors to address community problems. Data were taken from the U.S.

article thumbnail

One Web. For All.

NTEN

OneWebDay provides an opportunity for communities to celebrate the power of the Web for positive change, to take action to protect what they value most about it, and to educate the public and policy-makers on the social, economic, and political impact of the Web. Unfortunately, these issues rarely break through the noise barrier.

Web 36