article thumbnail

The Davos Blur

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

James Moody of Australia’s national research organization was talking about an idea of a humanitarian license for patents that has been floated by the YGL community. In the morning, I attended a session put on by the Young Global Leaders with six interesting proposals.

article thumbnail

Citizen Tech: Social Media in Disaster Response

Amy Sample Ward

Another direct content example is that of the number of websites that emerged post-Hurricane Katrina. This proved to the Ushahidi team that their tool would be valuable to communities around the world. Here are my slides from the presentation. Response : studies show that people expect a response on social media.

Disaster 206
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Influence | Forum One: Internet Strategy, Social Media, User Experience and Web Site Development

Forum One

You can follow the one-hour archived session (or the slides on Slideshare) to get a nice slice of perspective from Amy Gipson of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Melissa Schoen of. We had a great discussion about how government agencies are using social media, and how the research community can support their efforts.

article thumbnail

Influence | Forum One: Internet Strategy, Social Media, User Experience and Web Site Development

Forum One

You can follow the one-hour archived session (or the slides on Slideshare) to get a nice slice of perspective from Amy Gipson of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Melissa Schoen of. We had a great discussion about how government agencies are using social media, and how the research community can support their efforts.

article thumbnail

Tech Policies for Virtual Teams: A Leader’s Responsibility

Non Profit Quarterly

I’ve been in community with you now for actually two years around that, through the webinar program, and I’m just really glad to welcome you back, if you are a Leading Edge member. Next slide, please.) Next slide, please. So this next slide is touching on personal devices and resources. So go ahead, Francis.

Policy 102
article thumbnail

An Amazing NpTech Social Media Link Buffet: Take Your Pick!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Facebook’s grant will encourage users of the social network to learn more about service opportunities through ServiceNation’s Facebook Page and connect with MyNation, a new, online social-networking community on ServiceNation.org being launched in preparation for the first National Day of Service on September 11, 2009. Good Reads: Online.

Nptech 91
article thumbnail

Steve Bridger ›

Steve Bridger

The ’six things every charity must do to stay relevant in the 21st century’ summary near the end of the slides sums up what organisations need to do perfectly! When afterwilma debuted, I like many others felt an affinity to the people afflicted by the hurricane. Much appreciated. Thanks for the flashback post.

Flickr 40