article thumbnail

Let’s Connect at 2012 SXSW

Amy Sample Ward

I’ll be joined by NTEN’s Community Manager, Sarah Janczak, too. Happy Hour from 3-6: Get your afternoon buzz on with snacks, beer, and live music to benefit Sweet Relief Musicians Fundsponsored by Salsa. NTEN Community Series: Austin. Where will we be? And, yes, there will be prizes.

Austin 117
article thumbnail

11 Creative Charity Fundraising Event Ideas

CauseVox

It got a ton of community engagement, brought attention to their work, and brought on individual fundraisers. If you think your supporters will be interested in this type of event, work with a local golf course on pricing and dates (hint: most are very comfortable working with charities to run tournaments). Golf Marathon.

Charity 98
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

12 Top-Performing Fundraising Event Ideas For Nonprofits

CauseVox

Whichever way you choose to go, your gala can include some or all of the following elements: Peer-to-peer fundraising led by table hosts Silent auction Live auction A program with an emcee, music, performance, information about your organization, and more Raffles and games Food and drink A fun theme Ask for donations. Donate for a boost.

Ideas 52
article thumbnail

Connect with NTEN at SXSW

NTEN

We will share more details before SXSW, but for now we will give you a hint: anyone who loves Twitter so much they've thought of writing a sonet, or so wowed by Google+ they want to write an ode may be at an advantage! Fork over your lunch money to a local Austin organization and Convio will match your donation!

NTEN 69
article thumbnail

150+ Creative Ways to Show Donors Appreciation

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Creative stuff: Things unique to your organization including the ability to create art, music, poetry, dance, etc. Some donors look for these signals of community support (everybody’s doing it) to make the decision that they would be in good company if they donate. Hint: It’s the XYY Soup Kitchen.” Design them free on Canva.

Donor 330
article thumbnail

30 Virtual and Hybrid Event Fundraising Ideas for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

We’ve recently seen a slew of music award shows and individual musicians performing in hybrid concerts: the artist performs on a stage like normal, but to an empty venue, while that performance is streamed live to spectators at home. Quizzes based on music, TV shows, or sports are also frequently well received. 20) Book club.

Virtual 339
article thumbnail

My wish for Web 2.5

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

I keep 2 blogs of my own, and contribute actively to one community blog (at nosi.net ) and could, potentially, contribute to quite a number of others. But the community blogs do provide a way for a wider audience to read the content that I have created. Hint to NTEN : Affinity Group Planets!) Second, is bookmarking.

Web 100