article thumbnail

Slacktivism: Can Cartoons Raise Awareness or Just Make Us Feel Good?

NetWits

In an effort to raise awareness for child abuse, thousands of Facebook users changed their profile photos to one of their favorite childhood cartoon characters (full disclosure: mine was Underdog.) Whether it started on accident, was part of a specific campaign, or originated in Greece , this meme seemed to really have legs!

Awareness 199
article thumbnail

Meet the EveryAction Team 2018

Everyaction

A: I’m an Account Executive, which means I help non-profits increase engagement and raise more money Q: What is your favorite thing about working at EveryAction? A: My roommate and I are going on a backpacking trip through Greece next week! It’s all angst and performance; very little actual vocal talent is required.

Team 68
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

40+ Unforgettable Live Auction Items that Sell Well

Bloomerang

Art that has personal meaning for your community is also a safe bet. Corporate sponsorship package Your nonprofit may have strong relationships with corporate partners in your community, whether they’re small businesses, large corporations, or anything in between. Find out more in this guide to the basics.

Artist 72
article thumbnail

How to Find Your Next Great Board Member

Connection Cafe

The opportunity to do meaningful work that directly impacts the community their organization aims to serve. They are well connected to other high-income individuals, local to the community, and have significant cash flow therefore, their ability to give at higher levels is substantial. The last word comes to us from ancient Greece.

article thumbnail

The Best Nonprofit Social Media Campaigns of 2017

NonProfit Hub

#MeToo was meant to be a movement that provides “empowerment through empathy” to survivors of sexual abuse, assault, exploitation and harassment, especially those in underprivileged communities. Volunteers interviewed nine Syrian refugees who crossed the Mediterranean to Greece about their lives before they left Syria.

article thumbnail

Sheroes You Should Know: Inspiring Stories for #WomensHistoryMonth

EveryAction

But her experience and those of the residents in her community inspired her greatest work, A Raisin in the Sun , the first play written by an African American to be produced on Broadway. Through her bird drawings, Bouler raised over $200,000 for wildlife recovery services. Edmonia Lewis. Queen Anna Nzinga. Laskarina Bouboulina.

Story 133