Remove Comment Remove Community Remove Folksonomy Remove Question
article thumbnail

NpTech Tag Cross Blog Discussion: What do those guidelines look like?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The Cross Blog Discussion of the NpTechTag has generated some comments and blog posts that I've summarized below. Let's begin with big picture question that Gavin raised: What purpose do folksonomies serve? Gavin's post does a great job explaining the definitions and the advantages of a taxonomy over a folksonomy.

article thumbnail

Life, Times, and Context of the NpTech Tag: An Informal Discussion/Reflection Online at CpSquared

If you've participated in using the tag and share some of your reflections of where it's been, where it is going, and other insights about community tagging projects, come join us. Here's a list of questions we're discussing online now: How does the community evolve along with the tag and how to nurture it?

Nptech 50
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

You're Doing That Wrong! Rule of Thumb

report led me to post on the concept of 'collabuary' raised in the report, which prompted Stephen Downes to comment in reply , trying to distinguish between folksonomies and collabuaries (which he thinks isn't a useful term; it just means 'vocabulary' or 'taxonomy'). Good question - it contains elements of both.

article thumbnail

Allan Benamer's NpTech Tag Meta Feed Digg Plig Collaborative Search Mashup

Update: See Ben's Comment over here. Many useful observations and questions raised about how to analyze the tagging data we've collected and how to move from a folksonomy to a taxonomy. We also discussed the aggregation and publishing side and some initial goals for the NPTech Community site. NpTech Conference Call Notes.

Mashup 50
article thumbnail

NpTechTag Summary: Connected Conversations, Live Blogging, and Other Great Finds

Photo in flickr from Community Technology Foundation. Many useful observations and questions raised about how to analyze the tagging data we've collected and how to move from a folksonomy to a taxonomy. We also discussed the aggregation and publishing side and some initial goals for the NPTech Community site.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Nonprofit and Social Change Digg Redux

Here's a summary of the distributed conversations, some context, and some questions. The result of these ad hoc collaborations was a folksonomy of terms of nonprofit technology related news and a community of taggers. Spend time building your reputation by digging stories and making intelligent comments.

Digg 77
article thumbnail

Shoulder-to-Shoulder Instructional Media: My Tagging Screencast at NTEN!

What is really interesting to me is that the photo - which I composed and uploaded into flickr is my most commented, favorited, and viewed photo ! (It If you have questions about tagging or want to share your organization???s s a folksonomy. I created it for the screencast to illustrate the definition of tagging. Introduction.