Remove Children Remove Community Remove Impact Remove Intergenerational
article thumbnail

Philanthropic collaboratives are finding ways to more effectively measure impact

Candid

Measuring and learning at the intersection of donors, grantees, and systems Let’s look at how philanthropic collaboratives can equitably and effectively measure, evaluate, and learn in the pursuit of greater impact. A collaborative may seek a particular mix of grantees designed to maximize the impact it seeks.

Measure 59
article thumbnail

Breaking the Cycle & Starting the Mental Health Conversation

Saleforce Nonprofit

Known for his outspoken, brutally honest rhetoric, Charlamagne Tha God has been using his platform to amplify the conversation around mental health in the Black community for years. And although being a mental health advocate for the Black community wasn’t something he set out to do, he has fully embraced the role.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NextGen philanthropists and the transfer of intergenerational wealth

ASU Lodestar Center

They are called "next gen major donors," and according to a recent report issued by the Johnson Center at Grand Valley State University and 21/64 , they will "have tremendous influence on the direction of and support for efforts to improve local communities and solve global problems over the next several decades.".

article thumbnail

4 Reasons to Embrace Gen-Mix Volunteerism

VQ Strategies

In my work, I am privileged to engage with hundreds—sometimes thousands—of nonprofit professionals across the US and Canada, hearing first-hand of such challenges as volunteer recruitment and nurturing cohesive cross-generational volunteer communities. Nevertheless, the benefits of doing so are clear and profound. Knowledge spillover”.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community. I chose to focus my thesis on Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

Four Ways to Transform Organizational Culture to Advance Access, Equity, and Justice

Saleforce Nonprofit

Before the global pandemic, intergenerational poverty and entrenched patterns of inequality dampened the future livelihoods of millions of children and their families across the globe. Strategies that advance equity and justice seek to address the full reality of communities rather than narrow solutions to solve social problems.

article thumbnail

Elevating Advocacy Voices for Children Through Social Media

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Note from Beth: As part of my work at the Packard Foundation, I’ve had the honor of designing and facilitating a “networked capacity building project” for a cluster of grantees, state-based groups, to be more effective in engaging their networks toward covering uninsured children. Life Elevated.” It turns out there is a.

Children 106