Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Global Remove NGO
article thumbnail

Cambodia Bloggers: Five Years Later – Part 2

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This is the second of a three-part post about what I learned about social media, NGOs, and Social Change in Cambodia during my “ homecoming trip.” ” Part 1 was about NGOs in Cambodia , focusing on the work of the Sharing Foundation. This post is about the social media community in Cambodia.

article thumbnail

What I Learned About Philanthropy, Fundraising, and Social Impact at IFCAsia in Bangkok

These are two photos of me and Tharum Bun , a Cambodia blogger I met via our blogs back in 2003. In 2005, we got a chance to meet face-to-face in London at the Global Voices Blogging Summit after I transitioned from being the Cambodia bridge blogger. The IFCAsia delivered on all the reasons why someone should attend.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Reflections: Social Media and NGO/CSR Workshop in India

Workshop Ngo Feb 13 View more presentations from Beth Kanter. The Nasscom Foundation in India, the epicenter of nonprofit technology and social innovation, invited me to present as part of the Global CSR track in a session about reaching the Bottom of the Pyramid with technology and social media. I'm still recovering.

India 96
article thumbnail

‘Give 10? Every Day: An Inspiring Story of Giving Back

Note from Beth: My colleague, John Weeks, is an expat nonprofit techie living and working in Cambodia. We first connected back in 2004 when I started my first blog on Cambodia and was covering the Cambodian Blogosphere for Global Voices. In a poor community, that’s a way of life, where in the Western world, it’s not so much.

Story 111
article thumbnail

Blogging To Improve Cambodia's Environment

She has been blogging about her work and life at Sreisaat Adventures in Cambodia since January, 2004. Born in Roxas City, known as the seafood capital of the Philippines, she graduated from the University of the Philippines with a degree in mass communications. She moved to Cambodia in April, 2000. Cross-posted on Global s.

article thumbnail

Support Freedom of Expression in Cambodia

If you are a regular reader of the Cambodia4kids Blog or read Global s Online , you already know about the Cambodian Government's actions to silence critics of the ruling party hit its peek when Human Rights activists Kem Sokha, Yeng Virak and Pa Nguon Teang were all arrested regarding banners displayed on Human Rights Day December 10, 2005.

article thumbnail

Youth Programs Benefit from Microsoft Donations

Tech Soup

I did a post a few weeks ago on youth programs in TechSoup Global's new Local Impact Map and decided I hadn’t covered this resource nearly enough. demonstrates what nonprofits, NGOs, and libraries around the world are doing with their TechSoup Global software donations to further their missions. Our Local Impact Map.