Remove Build Remove Community Remove Facilitation Remove Instructional Design
article thumbnail

Basic Facilitation Techniques for Nonprofits

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Over the last 25 years I’ve been doing training, I’ve learned different and applied different methods from either being a “student” in a training facilitated by someone using a method, being trained in the method, co-designing with others, and designing and facilitating my own sessions.

article thumbnail

3 New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofits That Can Boost Professional Success

Emerging Leaders Playbook: With the generous support of the Packard Foundation and in collaboration with Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies, we wrote and published the Emerging Leaders Playbook last year, along with facilitating a peer learning cohort with colleague Stephanie Rudat.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Happy New Year: What’s Your Theme for the Year?

Facilitator for Learning Network: Most of my work is designing and delivering capacity building projects for nonprofits literally all over the world and here in the US. In addition, I presented a webinar on training design and facilitated a session on nonprofit technology training design at NTC.

article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Using Posters To Spark Learning

These amazing activists work every day on the front lines of communities across the U.S., I designed a 90-minute workshop focused on “Human-Centered Social Media Strategy” which teaches how to apply a simple design-thinking technique, creating personas, as the basis of your digital strategy.

article thumbnail

Happy, Healthy 2016: What’s Your Theme for the Year?

I also designed and facilitated a six month peer learning cohort with colleague Stephanie Rudat. Innovation Lab Facilitation : For the past few years, I’ve trained in and designed and facilitated innovation labs using the Luma Institute Methods. Facilitation, Curriculum Development and Train the Trainers.

Iowa 50
article thumbnail

The Networked NGO in Pakistan

It marked the start of a six month peer learning exchange where I, along with colleague Stephanie Rudat will work remotely with grantees as they implement an action learning project to put techniques into practice and facilitate organizational change from the inside out. Program Design. organizational change, and technology.

Pakistan 111
article thumbnail

Notes About Mobile, Digital Trends, and Social Media Leadership from Knight Digital Media Center Workshop

Last week I was in Chicago to facilitate a session as part of Knight Digital Media Center’s Digital Strategy for Community Foundations and Nonprofits workshop. Lots of chatter beyond the Reddit community. Think about how mobile can solve a community need, find an existing data set, and deliver that information in an app.