Remove Childhood Remove Community Remove History Remove Participatory
article thumbnail

Want to Co-Create an Exhibition on a Hot Issue? Introducing the Community Issue Exhibition Toolkit

Museum 2.0

We partnered with foster youth, former foster youth, artists, and community advocates to create an exhibition that used art to spark action on issues facing foster youth. This project wove together many different participatory threads. We co-created it from start to finish with community partners. Short story: we learned a lot.

Issue 45
article thumbnail

Platform Power: Scaling Impact

Museum 2.0

They were off-site for the first time in years, holding a special study session sparked by an exhibition about foster youth, Lost Childhoods. It happened because two of our Lost Childhood partners urged it into being. This argument became one of the foundations of The Participatory Museum. They negotiated with the County.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Ze Frank Takes Over (My) Museum

Museum 2.0

I get excited about a lot of things in my work at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Ze Frank is a participatory artist who creates digital projects that are explicitly about creating and enhancing authentic interpersonal connections. To recreate childhood photographs. To celebrate political differences.

Museum 45
article thumbnail

How Do You Inspire Visitors to Take Action After They Leave?

Museum 2.0

This month, we opened a new exhibition at the MAH, Lost Childhoods: Voices of Santa Cruz County Foster Youth and Foster Youth Museum (brief video clip from opening night here ). it uses art, history, artifacts, and storytelling to illuminate a big human story and an urgent social issue. What's your take on this approach?

Action 44
article thumbnail

Growth Hacking Your Mission With People Power

Connection Cafe

Rachel Hutchisson, VP of CSR, tells us it’s today’s individual change agents who are deeply connected to cause, community and technology: Cause. It is made by many; it is open, participatory and peer-driven.” Today more than ever, individuals are connected to causes more than organizations. Old power works like a currency.

People 25