Remove Chapter Remove Community Remove Lebanon Remove Train
article thumbnail

The Deep Learning When Nonprofit Techies Get Together

Tech Soup

I heard from an organizer who told me that her last two jobs have come from her volunteer role in our community, and from many others who told me that getting together with their peers is what gives them the energy to continue to find innovative ways to use technology for good. Join them every month for a dose of community invigoration!

article thumbnail

Love to Learn Tech Tips in Person? NetSquared Is for You!

Tech Soup

Every month TechSoup's NetSquared community organizers volunteer to bring free and low-cost nonprofit technology events and workshops to more than 50 cities. Our chapter leaders believe that we can bridge the digital divide by giving every NGO the tools and skills to accomplish its mission efficiently and effectively.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Does a NetSquared Event Look Like?

Tech Soup

Instead of words, let me try a few pictures that will illustrate our community. There are NetSquared groups in 50 cities who are dedicated to holding events for their local nonprofit technology communities. Join us every month for a dose of community inspiration. We''re a [global movement]([link] with chapters in 20 countries.

article thumbnail

E-Mediat Day 1: A Networked Mindset To Capacity Building

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’m the lead for Zoetica where my role is to deliver training, advise on the curriculum and coaching methods, model transparency, and serve as meta network weaver. I have the honor of co-training with some of the best folks doing work in this part of the world. Points of connection included: -Training. February 27, 2011.

Network 99
article thumbnail

5 Types of People Who Need Nonprofit Fundraising Training

Achieve

Most training in the field was from professional associations like. But even then, training in fundraising could be effective and based on sound principles. In fact, with the availability of constantly improving training methods and opportunities, the. isn’t just asking the rich community do-gooder for their pittance.

article thumbnail

The #1 Skill Nonprofit Professionals Should Focus on in 2021

DipJar

When you have a good name in your community or discipline, the risk of a client, funder, or volunteer associating themselves with you goes down. It subtly tells others that you don’t care enough to let the people who count in your community or discipline that you do a great job. Your mission is why your nonprofit exists.

Skills 98
article thumbnail

Debunking 7 Common Myths For New Nonprofit Professionals

Get Fully Funded

It is, in effect, a gift to the community you’re serving. Their services are open to the entire community. Nonprofit jobs take education , training , and experience —just like any other career. Start with training and education on nonprofits, generally, and the missions you love, specifically.