Remove Celebrate Remove Community Remove Empowerment Remove Teen
article thumbnail

October Awareness: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Qgiv

If you want to support breast cancer patients and survivors, volunteering at hospitals or for organizations that are dedicated to the fight against breast cancer is a great way to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Nonprofits to support. Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer. Final thoughts.

Cancer 52
article thumbnail

The Art of Relevance Sneak Peek: Part Ex-Con, Part Farmer, Part Queen

Museum 2.0

For the last time this summer, I'm sharing a chapter from my new book The Art of Relevance to celebrate its release. One of the nonprofits that inspires me locally here in Santa Cruz is a youth empowerment and food justice organization called "Food, What!?" FoodWhat empowers teens to change their lives through farming and food justice.

Teen 25
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Meditations on Relevance, Part 3: Who Decides What's Relevant?

Museum 2.0

Whoever your community is, they decide. Can you define the community to whom you want to be relevant? The community decides what is relevant to them. Who interprets the interests of the community and decides on the relevant themes and activities for the year? Then, we define the needs and assets of that community.

Teen 20
article thumbnail

Traveling Postcards: Interview with Founder, Caroline Lovell

Have Fun - Do Good

Hundreds of unique, hand-made art postcards, containing words of compassion and solidarity are hand delivered to individuals and communities all over the world, bringing connection, hope, visibility and voice to women and girls whose lives have suffered from isolation, violence or repression. What is the path that brought you to this work?