Remove Blogher Remove Community Remove Hurricane Remove Photo
article thumbnail

Tips for Disaster Relief Bloggers

Have Fun - Do Good

The last BlogHer Conference session I went to yesterday, before leaving early to go to a wedding, was about using blogging for Community Assistance. People want to hear real people’s stories and see photos of the town they are giving to, so she posted stories and had a Flickr photo stream. They also set up a wiki.

article thumbnail

Gift the Gift of Charity: Make A Contribution to any of these Fabulous Organizations

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Life in Africa For this week's BlogHer Holiday Guide post, I needed to come up with a list of nonprofit organizations or causes that BlogHer readers may consider making a donation to as part of their year-end giving. Photo by Dmason. Community Center of St. Adopt An Acre of Rainforest.

Gift 50
article thumbnail

Changing Civic Engagement In New Orleans One Video Blog Post at a Time

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I wrote about the experience on BlogHer last week. Well, less than 24 hours after the camera of was in the hands of the activists from Common Knowledge, I received this comment on the Flickr photo of my camera from Karen Apricot. You never know exactly what will happen with the camera after you leave - and just hope for the best.

Video 50