Remove Artist Remove Community Remove Mentoring Remove Oakland
article thumbnail

Nurturing Inner City Entrepreneurs: Jose Corona of Inner City Advisors

Have Fun - Do Good

." -- Jose Corona, Inner City Advisors Jose Corona is the Executive Director of Inner City Advisors , a nonprofit that helps build sustainable and responsible inner city businesses that create quality jobs, reinvest in the community, and contribute to the local economy. I'm going to be great here in Oakland. I'm going to be green.

Oakland 61
article thumbnail

Community Funded Reporting: Interview with David Cohn of Spot.us

Have Fun - Do Good

"You cannot run a community if you're not informed. Journalism is really the act of informing communities so that they can make better decisions, that is part of the public service, informing communities so that together we can know where else we need to help." --David Cohn, Founder, Spot.us Britt Bravo: Why is this necessary?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Favianna Rodriguez: Political Digital Artist and Printmaker

Have Fun - Do Good

I think about how hesitant I was to become an artist, because I didn't see role models, and even to this day how hard it is for me sometimes to find peers who are women of color, because of how systematically they are pushed out. I'm an artist and an institution builder. The kind of art I do is art that gets engaged into the public.

Artist 40
article thumbnail

Solutionary Women: Alli Chagi-Starr, Ilyse Hogue, Melinda Kramer and Reem Rahim

Have Fun - Do Good

Does anyone in the room identify as an artist, by any chance? I just want to dispel the myth that we are not activists and that we are not artists. That there was this notion that the dance community is inherently political, and I thought well, not really. First of all, who identifies with the word "activism"? Can I just see?

Podcast 40