article thumbnail

Google +: The Trade Off Between Privacy Needs, Community, and Social Context

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Unless you are an Internet personality, an organization with a full-time community manager or a professional online content publisher, there is not enough time to succeed in the multitude of social networks AND manage your own social content. Others will simply focus on the networks that have the most impact on their community.

Google 121
article thumbnail

How Much Time Does It Take To Do Social Media?

In my presentations, I use a slide from Nina Simon's blog post called " How Much Time Does It Take To Do Web2.0 " I've been thinking about remixing that slide so it matches the framework I set up for WeAreMedia tactical modules. In A Museum? 10-15 hours per week - also includes some listening tasks).

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Perils of Popularity

I like Rashmi's new slide show, especially the title. A tag stream of web resources, videos, powerpoint slides, news items, etc. A community tag stream. The rest of the slide show talks about four models for popularity. The last section of the slide show offers ten lessons on social design - for interface designers.

Digg 50
article thumbnail

See What’s Out There » Blog Archive » NTEN Does Web 2.0

See3

You must be a credible member of the community sharing useful information and thoughtful comments before anyone will respond to your asks. His thoughtful response: “I know a bunch of people have tried (and there has actually been some discussion within the NTEN blogs and community about it) to use LinkedIn as a fundraising platform.

NTEN 45
article thumbnail

How To Think Like A Nonprofit Social Marketing Genius: What's Your Brilliant Thought?

Here are my slides from the Convio " Social Media for Social Good " for tomorrow. Buzz tools include FriendFeed, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and Digg - and of course you add many others to this category that are found in other categories. How To Think Like A Nonprofit Social Media Genius View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own.

article thumbnail

SXSW: Social Media Nonprofit ROI Poetry Slam - Slides, Links, and Poems (long)

SXSW Poetry Slam Slides View more presentations from kanter. With Twitter, Facebook, Digg and Stumbleupon gone are the days forgotten lore. You see Communities Listen, Communities respond, To them. Communities Listen, Communities Respond. The panel will be in room 18BCD at 5: 00 PM. your word is bond.

ROI 76