article thumbnail

The Jing Project: Embed Screencasts Into Conversation

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

It was very liberating for me to create a screencast like this -- no storyboard, script, no retakes. I'm working on a screencast and it might be excellent way to do research or share implicit geek shoudlder-to-shoulder knowledge across the Internet. It is very easy to use. You can capture and narrate in snap. I am number 28!

Jing 50
article thumbnail

Technorati Tag Bookmarklet: The Screencast

Technorati tags can help you attract more readers for your blog and also facilitate contributing to the collective community wisdom surrounding a particular tag. I thought this might be a good experiment for my screencasting sandbox. understanding screencasting software and creative process, like vlogging, is a time sink.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Take My Widget Poll

I am working on a screencast about widgets -- more specifically free and easy-to-use community building tools for your blog. I'm busy researching and writing the script which will cover the why, what, and examples, but now I'm in the nitty gritty stage of playing with a few widgets. Build a sense of community.

Poll 50
article thumbnail

Video Blogging in Cambodia

It took me a long time because I also made a series of screencasts using jing. It was actually quite liberating not to be carefully scripted and staged. There is an active Cambodian community/groups there. I should do that more often. I always like to start with the why. The reason.

article thumbnail

What is a Widget?

If you've been following my widgets category , you know that I'm working on a screencast and have been researching and playing with widgets. For the script, before jumping into the how-to of widgets, the screencast will give some context, of course.

Widget 61
article thumbnail

Open Source Database solutions part I

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

I’ll be working a lot with Open Office, and hope to design some screencasts using Open Office Base sometime in the next few months. It comes with a scripting language and interpreter, called ‘ij’ which is how you can interact with Derby on the command line. So here is my current survey of the landscape.

article thumbnail

Open Source Database solutions part I

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

I’ll be working a lot with Open Office, and hope to design some screencasts using Open Office Base sometime in the next few months. It comes with a scripting language and interpreter, called ‘ij’ which is how you can interact with Derby on the command line. So here is my current survey of the landscape.