article thumbnail

Using SMS in the Field

NTEN

WCS-Mongolia had not previously worked with this group, and this section of the community is often unknown and hidden. While on my site visit, Bogii did a presentation to a group of mining students (who are also hunters) to pre-test her poster and share her latest campaign updates. This article was originally published at: [link].

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Power Of Community In Strategic Planning

Bloomerang

Community engagement, though at times unwieldy and time-consuming, is critical to truly propel all variables towards a common goal. Julie Ha Truong will outline best practices in community engagement in planning. I wish I could see you all because so much of what we do in this work is building community. That would be wonderful.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Southeast Asia, Social Enterprise Accidental Tour!

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

I just spent almost three weeks in Thailand and Laos on a combined work and vacation trip. One of my business visits was to a long-standing social enterprise partner of ours, Digital Divide Data in Vientiane, Laos. I wrote about that visit in my last blog post: Digital Divide Data: our Partner in Laos.

Laos 202
article thumbnail

A History of How Modern ESG Came to Be

sgEngage

Rather than a single moment in time, ESG was born out of actions in the business community over several decades that culminated into our modern understanding of ESG today. As with the overarching concept of corporate social responsibility , the practice of ESG has a n overlapping history that can be traced back to several key events.

History 61
article thumbnail

7 Nonprofits Leading the Fight Against Human Trafficking

Saleforce Nonprofit

Mission: Economic power is the key to breaking the cycle of exploitation among vulnerable communities. It also uses the NPSP as its CRM (constituent relationship management system) tracking interactions with donors, contractors, grantmakers, advisors, board members, volunteers, customers, and students.

Asia 98
article thumbnail

Preventing Human Trafficking: An Interview with Christina Arnold

Have Fun - Do Good

CA: Without giving names, along the Thai-Burma border there is a project that we're funding with a fantastic former Thai Senator, Mechai Viravaidya, who is also the Chairman and Founder of the Population Community Development Association of Thailand. We need work that can sustain the village community." Are there other tools?