article thumbnail

Normalizing seeking support for mental health takes collective action

Candid

Communities, particularly frontline workers and people of color, continue to grapple with the mental health impact of dealing with COVID-related deaths, vaccine hesitancy, and economic uncertainty. Find additional resources specifically for communities and women of color here. Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta.

Action 98
article thumbnail

Some Thoughts About Remote Presentations: Mekong ICT Camp

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This event is a biannual training workshop on information, communication, and technologies for citizen media, community health, and civil society development in Mekong Region and included participants are coders, journalists, and NGO staff from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. Format: Our session was 90 minutes.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vietnam and Indonesia Join TechSoup Asia’s Growing Family

Tech Soup

VietNet-ICT also actively participates in policy discussions to formulate laws and policies relating to information, technology, and communication towards sustainable development and equity. The program helps Vietnamese nonprofits to build staff capacity, apply for grants, and recruit skilled volunteers.

article thumbnail

Using SMS in the Field

NTEN

WCS-Mongolia had not previously worked with this group, and this section of the community is often unknown and hidden. What I’ve been most impressed with is Bogii’s strategy to connect all her mass media and community outreach activities to one another. This article was originally published at: [link].

article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Red T-Shirt Day - Supporting Monks, YouTube Nonprofit Channel, and Web2forDev Conference Reports

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Changing the Present has launched a Facebook application adding to the virtual gift community. Gayle Roberts suggests that you check out Dr. He will be bringing equipment and provide skills training to the first Community Access television station in Ghana. You can read more about the campaign on their blog.

Summary 50
article thumbnail

Southeast Asia, Social Enterprise Accidental Tour!

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

I just spent almost three weeks in Thailand and Laos on a combined work and vacation trip. One of my business visits was to a long-standing social enterprise partner of ours, Digital Divide Data in Vientiane, Laos. I wrote about that visit in my last blog post: Digital Divide Data: our Partner in Laos.

Laos 202
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Power Of Community In Strategic Planning

Bloomerang

Community engagement, though at times unwieldy and time-consuming, is critical to truly propel all variables towards a common goal. Julie Ha Truong will outline best practices in community engagement in planning. I wish I could see you all because so much of what we do in this work is building community. That would be wonderful.