article thumbnail

[ASK AN EXPERT] What’s The Best Way To Share Tax Information With Donors?

Bloomerang

First, I’m not really comfortable with the way we inform donors of the tax-deductibility of their gifts. I hear a lot about IRA rollovers and stock gifts, but we don’t really receive those. Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City. Community Foundation of Western Nevada. Kansas City Symphony.

article thumbnail

6 Places to Find Grants for Your Non-Profit

The Fundraising Authority

Some of your board members may be plugged in to grant opportunities through foundations or corporations in the community, not to mention family foundations that their social contacts and business colleagues may control. They may be helpful, or not, but it never hurts to ask.

Grant 161
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Show Visual Impact on Your Online Donation Forms

Qgiv

An impact statement is your organization’s story about your influence on the community. It’s an important part of the storytelling journey and is how your organization communicates what’s happening. Pet Resource Center of Kansas City. Paz De Cristo Community. What is an impact statement? Add a background image.

article thumbnail

Foundation Revenue Grows 4.7 Percent

Connection Cafe

Greater Kansas City Community Foundation: Serving donors. ” Council on Foundations: Building community. As a result of partnerships with foundations, donors are diversifying the strategies they use to make gifts, she said. Blackbaud also publishes a giving index for Canada.

article thumbnail

Sports as a Platform for Social Good

Connection Cafe

I had a huge dose of this goodness this summer at the DOHA Goals (Gathering of All Leaders in Sport) Forum , which aims to inspire “the creation of communities, opportunities and initiatives for growth and progress through sport.” I learned to go much further than winning.” “Everyone’s different.

article thumbnail

What the NFL Can Teach Nonprofits About Volunteer Management

Allegiance Group

million people watched the Kansas City Chiefs take on the San Francisco 49ers in February, making it the most-watched telecast in history. Perhaps it will issue a giving challenge with a matching gift for its employees. This makes it easy to sustain a robust volunteer community. A record 123.4

Teach 52
article thumbnail

NpTechTag Summary: Insect Antennae, A Blast from the Past, and More

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

If you are interested in community plumbing, here's rough diagram , although it might have changed since a few days ago. It will be interesting to see how this evolves given the technology platform came before the social design , but as online community pundits note, web2.0 applications have changed the rules of online community.

Summary 50