Remove Cambodia Remove Community Remove Foundation Remove NGO
article thumbnail

Cambodia: Responsible Tourism: Part 3

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This is the third of a three-part post about what I learned about social media, NGOs, and Social Change in Cambodia during my “ homecoming trip.” Part 1 was about NGOs in Cambodia, focusing on the work of the Sharing Foundation. Part 2 was about the Cambodian social media community.

Cambodia 103
article thumbnail

What I Learned About Philanthropy, Fundraising, and Social Impact at IFCAsia in Bangkok

These are two photos of me and Tharum Bun , a Cambodia blogger I met via our blogs back in 2003. In 2005, we got a chance to meet face-to-face in London at the Global Voices Blogging Summit after I transitioned from being the Cambodia bridge blogger. The IFCAsia delivered on all the reasons why someone should attend.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Some Thoughts About Remote Presentations: Mekong ICT Camp

This event is a biannual training workshop on information, communication, and technologies for citizen media, community health, and civil society development in Mekong Region and included participants are coders, journalists, and NGO staff from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam.

article thumbnail

Vietnam and Indonesia Join TechSoup Asia’s Growing Family

Tech Soup

We proudly welcome NGO partners Vietnet-ICT and the Lin Centre in Vietnam, as well as ASEAN Foundation , Kopernik Marketplace , and YCAB Foundation in Indonesia to the TechSoup Global family. Our New NGO Partners in Vietnam. The community itself plays a role in building a peaceful community.

article thumbnail

Cambodia Bloggers: Five Years Later – Part 2

This is the second of a three-part post about what I learned about social media, NGOs, and Social Change in Cambodia during my “ homecoming trip.” ” Part 1 was about NGOs in Cambodia , focusing on the work of the Sharing Foundation. This post is about the social media community in Cambodia.

article thumbnail

Reflections: Social Media and NGO/CSR Workshop in India

Workshop Ngo Feb 13 View more presentations from Beth Kanter. The Nasscom Foundation in India, the epicenter of nonprofit technology and social innovation, invited me to present as part of the Global CSR track in a session about reaching the Bottom of the Pyramid with technology and social media. I'm still recovering.

India 96
article thumbnail

Training Afghani NGOs in Cambodia

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Past partners have included NGOs and nine truth commissions. Over 8 weeks this last fall, I had the privilege of working with NGOs from Afghanistan, Cambodia, Iraq, Lebanon and Syria, in a series of trainings that took place in Phnom Penh, Beirut and Istanbul. It was thought-provoking to work with Afghan NGOs in Cambodia.

Cambodia 104